With CatExpress, you can:
Access to WorldCat connects your copy cataloging efforts to the records of more than 404 million global information resources in all formats—monographs, serials, electronic books and journals, Web-based articles, audio and video recordings and more—from the full range of recorded history.
- Log in and copy catalog using records already in WorldCat.
- Manage electronic collections and automatically receive upgraded MARC records at no additional charge with access to WorldShare Metadata (manage collections).
- Use WorldCat Cataloging Partners service at no extra charge to automatically receive OCLC MARC records that match the materials ordered through a participating vendor and to have your holdings set automatically in WorldCat.
- Easily print spine and pocket labels for your library materials with the Cataloging Label Program. Four label formats are available. The free Microsoft Windows® software lets you add print constants and volume numbers, print multiple copies and save labels to file for batch printing. Pin feed and laser stock are supported as well.
- Basic and advanced searching allow you to search for a WorldCat record by standard number, keywords or title in the basic search or by many other indexes (e.g., publisher name or location call numbers) with Boolean operators in the advanced search. You can also limit results in the advanced search by date, format, language and Internet-only resources and sort results by title, author or date.
- You'll know at a glance whether your library already has a record for a matching item. Ownership status is indicated both in brief lists and on the full record display. If you no longer have the item in your collection, simply click Delete Holdings; the status change is immediate.
- Local data input allows you to enter information for your local catalog, including call number, cutter, bar code number and public notes. You may also set multiple 852 location fields for additional copies.
CatExpress is a simple-to-use copy cataloging solution that enables you to get materials in your catalog faster with WorldCat MARC records at a cost-effective price.
CatExpress cataloging service
Available everywhere except Australia, Germany, the Netherlands and New Zealand
Past and recorded events
27 January 2013
21 October 2011
Watch this space for more CatExpress news.