OCLC Cataloging Community Meeting
This virtual community event provides an opportunity to hear about important work by community members and learn about OCLC cataloging and metadata services.
This event is on-demand.
This semi-annual virtual gathering offered ample opportunity for questions and conversations with participants. During the first hour, we discussed efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as our collective work toward more respectful and inclusive description. After a short break, we discussed updates to OCLC cataloging and metadata services, WorldCat quality initiatives, and much more.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion presentations
- Adrian Williams (University of Kentucky), Using the Homosaurus controlled vocabulary in both OCLC Connexion and in the local catalog
- Misty Alvaro (Columbus Metropolitan Library), DEI in public library consortia: Trusting, collaborating, and thriving
- Cynthia M. Whitacre (OCLC), OCLC metadata DEI
OCLC cataloging and metadata updates presentations
- David Whitehair (OCLC), OCLC metadata services update
- John Chapman (OCLC) and Petra Löffel (OCLC), WorldShare Record Manager and a pre-recorded demonstration
- Cindi Blyberg (OCLC), WorldShare Collection Manager
- Marcie Burton (University of North Carolina at Greensboro), Automatic holding feeds: Set it and forget it
- OCLC metadata quality update
- Robert Bremer (OCLC), Updating "Illegal aliens" in WorldCat
- Other recent updates by OCLC staff members