The OCLC Research Library Partnership (RLP) is a transnational network of research libraries, supported by a combination of partnership dues and co-investment from OCLC. The RLP supports libraries as they evolve to meet 21st century challenges, providing them with the connections, knowledge, and resources to plan with confidence in a complex, rapidly changing ecosystem.
- research support
- unique and distinctive collections
- resource sharing
- next generation metadata
- learning together
How we work
RLP activities are led by an energetic team who work with member institutions to develop an array of programming for both senior library leaders and staff, virtually and in person.:
- Online learning: The Works In Progress Webinars are live, participatory online learning opportunities focusing on leading edge work done at OCLC and our partner institutions. Our webinars provide a cost-effective way for members to stay up-to-date on emerging practices.
- Discussion: We host small group discussion on topics related to our programmatic focus.
- Collaborative research: We also engage members in research collaboratively through ad hoc working groups.
- Information sharing: RLP email and discussions lists facilitate sharing and allow subscribers to receive updates about webinars, events, research projects, and more.
- Consultations: RLP staff also consult directly with partner institutions, sharing their expertise on resource sharing, metadata, distinctive collections, linked data, research support services, and more.
- In-person learning: We also host participatory in-person learning events:
27 February 2020
Works In Progress Webinar: Cues and Clues—How Students Identify Online Resources in the Face of "Container Collapse"
Learn how students identify the resources they retrieve from online search engine results and discuss the implications of their identification behavior for information literacy.
10 March 2020
Join this webinar to learn how the LC Labs team at the Library of Congress is currently experimenting with multiple ways to provide computational access to audiovisual materials.
16 March 2020
The OCLC Research Library Partnership is pleased to hold our annual update meeting at the RLUK Conference.