Learn, collaborate, share, repeat
The OCLC Research Library Partnership (RLP) is a unique transnational network of research libraries, supported by a combination of partnership dues and co-investment from OCLC. The RLP offers extensive professional development opportunities for library staff, delivered in a combination of formats—ranging from small group discussions and webinars to working groups and in-person events. Most of our activities are offered virtually, enabling active, international participation, without travel.
The Research Library Partnership supports libraries as they evolve to meet 21st century challenges, providing them with the connections, knowledge, and resources to plan with confidence in a complex, rapidly changing ecosystem.
- research support
- unique and distinctive collections
- resource sharing
- next generation metadata
Across these four areas, the RLP seeks to support libraries through the challenges of COVID-19 and to advance equity, diversity and inclusion efforts.
“…being able to engage with colleagues at other universities from my desk has been an absolute lifeline for me. Thank you!”
Dr. Cathy Pink, Senior Data Librarian, University of Bath
How we work
RLP activities are led by an energetic team who work with member institutions to develop an array of programming for both senior library leaders and staff, virtually and in person:
- Online learning: The Works In Progress Webinars are live, participatory online learning opportunities focusing on leading edge work done at OCLC and our partner institutions. Our webinars provide a cost-effective way for members to stay up-to-date on emerging practices.
- Discussion: We host small group discussion on topics related to our programmatic focus.
- Collaborative research: We also engage members in research collaboratively through ad hoc working groups.
- Information sharing: RLP email and discussions lists facilitate sharing and allow subscribers to receive updates about webinars, events, research projects, and more.
- Consultations: RLP staff also consult directly with partner institutions, sharing their expertise on resource sharing, metadata, distinctive collections, linked data, research support services, and more.
13 September 2022 - 13 September 2022
Please join us for our first office hours with the OCLC Research Library Partnership (RLP).
15 September 2022
Works in Progress Webinar: Cross-library learning and knowledge sharing—Metadata Community of Practice at Notre Dame
In this webinar, learn how and why University of Notre Dame developed a Metadata Community of Practice.