The OCLC Research Library Partnership (RLP) is a transnational network of research libraries, supported by a combination of partnership dues and co-investment from OCLC. The RLP supports libraries as they evolve to meet 21st century challenges, providing them with the connections, knowledge, and resources to plan with confidence in a complex, rapidly changing ecosystem.
- research support
- unique and distinctive collections
- resource sharing
- next generation metadata
- learning together
How we work
RLP activities are led by an energetic team who work with member institutions to develop an array of programming for both senior library leaders and staff, virtually and in person.:
- Online learning: The Works In Progress Webinars are live, participatory online learning opportunities focusing on leading edge work done at OCLC and our partner institutions. Our webinars provide a cost-effective way for members to stay up-to-date on emerging practices.
- Discussion: We host small group discussion on topics related to our programmatic focus.
- Collaborative research: We also engage members in research collaboratively through ad hoc working groups.
- Information sharing: RLP email and discussions lists facilitate sharing and allow subscribers to receive updates about webinars, events, research projects, and more.
- Consultations: RLP staff also consult directly with partner institutions, sharing their expertise on resource sharing, metadata, distinctive collections, linked data, research support services, and more.
- In-person learning: We also host participatory in-person learning events:
15 October 2019
Works in Progress Webinar: Partnering across campus to enhance institutional reputation—a case study from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Join this webinar to hear how UNLV librarians have developed and stewarded effective relationships with other campus stakeholders, and how the library is a valued campus stakeholder in institutional reputation management.
- Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
This event has passed. View the archive.
31 October 2019
Works in Progress Webinar: Designing, Timing, and Determining the Feasibility of Curatorial Interventions to Support Data Reuse
Join this webinar to learn how data production, sharing, and curation practices facilitate and inhibit data reuse and to discuss the design, timing, and feasibility of curatorial interventions that enable the smooth flow of data throughout the lifecycle.
14 November 2019
Works in Progress Webinar: Managing Archival Technical Services with Agile Software Development Methods at Ohio State University Libraries
In this presentation, we will explain how implementing Agile helped archival staff to improve productivity overall and increased opportunities for staff to cross-train, develop skills, and lead projects.