The OCLC Research Library Partnership (RLP) is a transnational network of research libraries, supported by a combination of partnership dues and co-investment from OCLC. The RLP supports libraries as they evolve to meet 21st century challenges, providing them with the connections, knowledge, and resources to plan with confidence in a complex, rapidly changing ecosystem.
- research support
- unique and distinctive collections
- resource sharing
- next generation metadata
- learning together
How we work
RLP activities are led by an energetic team who work with member institutions to develop an array of programming for both senior library leaders and staff, virtually and in person.:
- Online learning: The Works In Progress Webinars are live, participatory online learning opportunities focusing on leading edge work done at OCLC and our partner institutions. Our webinars provide a cost-effective way for members to stay up-to-date on emerging practices.
- Discussion: We host small group discussion on topics related to our programmatic focus.
- Collaborative research: We also engage members in research collaboratively through ad hoc working groups.
- Information sharing: RLP email and discussions lists facilitate sharing and allow subscribers to receive updates about webinars, events, research projects, and more.
- Consultations: RLP staff also consult directly with partner institutions, sharing their expertise on resource sharing, metadata, distinctive collections, linked data, research support services, and more.
- In-person learning: We also host participatory in-person learning events:
14 January 2020
Works in Progress Webinar: Responsible Operations—Shaping a Community Research Agenda for Data Science
This webinar will provide an overview of OCLC Research's effort to develop a community research agenda that charts a path for engagement with data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
27 January 2020
Join OCLC Research at ALA Midwinter 2020 in Philadelphia, PA, for an overview of several active research projects.
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Venue: Pennsylvania Convention Center, Room 122-A
- Time: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
05 February 2020
Works In Progress Webinar: Approaches to Preserving Private and Sensitive Data Managed by Digital Repositories
This webinar will focus on an exploration of the feasibility of a distributed digital preservation storage service for private and sensitive data held at libraries and archives in the US.