The OCLC Research Library Partnership
Connecting you to a shared future.
Cooperative innovation that makes your library more valuable, operating processes more efficient, and shapes new distinctive services.
Research Library Partnership: Library Assessment Interest Group
This group is now closed.
This interest group accompanied and extended a three-part Webinar Series: Evaluating and Sharing Your Library's Impact, with sessions being conducted in April, July, and October 2018. Participants:
- attended the webinars or viewed the recordings on library assessment, and,
- through the interest group, also built relationships with other librarians engaging in assessment across the partnership, digging into core concepts, enhancing their skills, and working together to share and compare evaluation activities for their libraries.
Interest groups sessions were held in between the webinar sessions, facilitated by RLP Program officers Merrilee Proffitt and Rebecca Bryant. Participants took part in additional exercises, engaged in discussion with fellow interest group participants, and discussed how concepts presented in the webinars connect to practical applications at your home institution. Participants could also sustain conversation with other RLP members through a dedicated email discussion list.
Dates for the study groups were determined based on participants’ availability. For maximum benefit of the interest group/webinar experience, we recommended signing up as institutional teams of at least two. We recommeded anyone interested in learning more about library assessment and research should participate, regardless of previous experience; early career librarians were particularly encouraged to join us.
- User-centered Assessment: Leveraging What You Know and Filling the Gaps 24 April 2018
- Digging into Assessment Data: Tips, Tricks, and Tools of the Trade 14 August 2018
- Take action: Using and Presenting Research Findings to Make Your Case 3 October 2018
Wrap up - blog posts
- Evaluating and Sharing Library Impact–with the OCLC Research Library Partnership
- Advice from the Trenches: You’re Not Alone
- OCLC RLP institutions are addressing library assessment challenges
- OCLC RLP Assessment Interest Group — lessons learned and ingredients for success
Questions? Contact Rebecca Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.