Moving to Tipasa
Learn about what to expect during an implementation of Tipasa.
Seamless resource sharing with Tipasa
Learn what's included with Tipasa
Launched in 2017, Tipasa is regularly enhanced on a bi-monthly basis with new features and functionality. To make sure that Tipasa meets your library's needs:
Better understand the implementation process
Our dedicated team has guided 315 libraries through their Tipasa implementation. And with our cohort model, you will join a small group of libraries implementing Tipasa together. You will share a common curriculum, meeting schedule, and timeframe.
Cohorts begin monthly and your library can go fully live with Tipasa in 5-8 weeks. A Tipasa expert will be happy to provide additional details about the process, including target start dates, who in your library to involve, available training, and more.
The Tipasa team
Here at OCLC, we're committed to collaborating with libraries to continue developing Tipasa features and functionality. We'd like to work with you to learn more about the needs of your library staff and patrons.
Opportunities for getting involved include activities such as usability testing, general workshops and discussions. To learn more:
Schedule a demo
We encourage you to first view the recorded demos on Tipasa's key features, but we are also happy to offer a live, customized demo for your team to see Tipasa in action and ask questions.
Request a price quote
A Tipasa expert can provide a price quote. Even if you aren’t ready to implement Tipasa, feel free to request a quote for planning purposes.
Resources for WMS libraries
- Stronger Together: Integrating Tipasa with WMS | Brandon Martin, Northeastern State University (Video - 18 minutes)
- WMS-Tipasa Integrations with WorldShare Circulation and Acquisitions (Video - 33 minutes)
- University of Saint Francis: Share resources with fewer clicks (Video - 2 minutes)
- Making the Move to Tipasa: WMS libraries | Panel presentation by WMS libraries using Tipasa (Video - 49 minutes)
- Making the move to Tipasa: A demo of WMS and Tipasa integrations | A full demo of Tipasa and its WMS integrations (Video - 57 minutes)
- WMS Tipasa flyer (PDF)
- WMS Tipasa patron data considerations (PDF)
- Member Story: University of Gloucestershire
Resources for Ex Libris Alma libraries
- Tipasa – Ex Libris Alma integration | Meg Atwater-Singer, Access Services Librarian, University of Evansville (Video - 16 minutes)
- Making the Move to Tipasa: Ex Libris Alma libraries | Three Alma libraries show how they use Tipasa to manage their ILL workflows (Video - 52 minutes)
Resources for RapidILL libraries
- Tipasa automations: RapidILL and Patron Records | John Raymond, Access Services Librarian, Siena College (Video - 12 minutes)
- RapidILL integration | Demo of the Tipasa-RapidILL integration (Video - 8 minutes)
- Making the move to Tipasa: RapidILL libraries |Two libraries share their experiences with using the Tipasa-RapidILL integration (Video - 45 minutes)
- Member Story: Kutztown University
Tipasa is making resource sharing more efficient for a wide variety of libraries. Learn more about how your peers are using the service.
Keep services going through any crisis
Learn how libraries all over the world kept their resource sharing services going during their COVID-19 closures.
Delight library users by transforming their borrowing experience
Find out how the University of Gloucestershire doubled interlibrary loan requests while reducing the running costs of the service.
Optimize interlibrary loan services with new technology
Learn how Kutztown University made interlibrary loan processes more efficient.
Share resources with fewer clicks
Discover how the University of Saint Francis simplified interlibrary loan for staff, student workers, and library users.
Tipasa, the world’s first cloud-based interlibrary loan management system, allows you to manage a high volume of interlibrary loan requests, automate routine borrowing and lending functions, and provide an enhanced patron experience. You can meet users’ needs without heavy IT support, server management or extensive configuration and training.
Watch this space for more upcoming webinars