Streamline consortial resource sharing workflows and accelerate delivery
OCLC Resource Sharing for Groups is a modern consortial borrowing solution that expedites delivery for library users. Participating libraries have all the tools needed to easily lend and borrow resources from group members. If a request can't be filled within the group, there’s the option to send it to regional partners or to our massive, global interlibrary loan (ILL) network. There’s also fast, predictable delivery based on local policies, group profiles, available resources, library relationships, and user needs—with everything managed in one place.
Provide exceptional experiences for library users
Using the discovery service of your choice, including WorldCat® Discovery, your library users can search a collective collection group view. They’ll experience improved fill rates and turnaround times, including fast delivery of e-resources. They’ll also see a view of estimated arrival times, delivery options, and status tracking.
Optimize workflows for library staff
Automation and smart fulfillment provide workflow efficiencies and reduce manual intervention. These streamlined processes, customized for your group, send requests to the fastest supplier so library users get what they need quickly.
Build on current services
This solution is provider-neutral and integrates with most discovery services and library management systems. And WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan, Tipasa®, and ILLiad® form a familiar foundation, so libraries currently using these services don’t need lengthy implementations or additional training.
“OCLC Resource Sharing for Groups is an integrated solution that helps libraries connect and share all types of resources—including digital and print—then ensures those resources are delivered to library users quickly and efficiently.”
OCLC Director of Resource Sharing
Fast delivery through data analytics
- Customize load balancing to improve turnaround times
- Deliver electronic documents directly without staff mediation using Article Exchange
- Improve in-group fulfillment with enhanced requestability
- Receive requests only for items on the shelf and able to be supplied with real-time availability
A standards- and cloud-based system with choice and flexibility
- Enable staff to work from anywhere
- Eliminate duplication of work through integration with your library’s circulation module
- Integrate with other services and systems with a standards-based system (including NCIP, ISO 18626, Z39.50, and OpenURL)
- Customize or extend library workflows with APIs