Works in Progress Webinar: Building a National Finding Aid Network (NAFAN) research findings—Introduction and project recommendations
In this webinar, members of the OCLC Research team give an overview of the NAFAN project, methodologies used, and overall recommendations.
This event is on-demand. View the recording below.
- Slides - Download PPTX
- NAFAN findings: https://oc.lc/nafan-research
- NAFAN mailing list sign up: https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/NAFAN
- Primary Sources email list sign up: https://www.oclc.org/research/partnership/lists.html
- Chela Scott Weber, Senior Program Officer, OCLC Research Library Partnership
- Lynn Silipigni Connaway, Executive Director, Research
Building a National Finding Aid Network (NAFAN) was an Institute of Museum and Library Services-funded (grant number LG-246349-OLS-20) research and demonstration project with the goal of providing inclusive, comprehensive, and persistent access to descriptions of archival collections, or "finding aids." OCLC Research led qualitative research with end users and contributors of archival description and quantitative analysis of extant aggregated archival description from state and regional aggregators.
Members of the OCLC Research NAFAN team introduced the goals and methodologies used across this important research project. This session covered the overall recommendations based on the findings of the OCLC Research effort for the NAFAN project.
The full series
In a series of three webinars, members of the OCLC Research team provide an overview of the Building a National Finding Aid Network (NAFAN) project research. Presenters share the methodologies used, findings regarding the experiences of archivists and end users, and overall recommendations. You can register individually or for the remainder of the series below:
- Introduction and project recommendations [This event has passed]
- Tuesday, 11 July 2023 (12:00 pm–1:00 pm EDT): End user survey and interviews
- Tuesday, 1 August 2023 (12:00 pm–1:00 pm EDT): Archivist focus group interviews and EAD analysis
All affiliates of OCLC Research Library Partnership organizations are invited to participate in the live sessions.
13 June 2023
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Live webinar sessions are exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, but the recordings are publicly available to all.