Works in Progress Webinar: Developing a trusted research impact team at Virginia Tech
In this webinar, the research impact team at the Virginia Tech University Libraries will share about their work—and how they have grown their service offerings.
This event has passed. Register to attend
- Rachel Miles, Research Impact Librarian
- Sarah Over, Engineering Collections & Research Analyst
- Connie Stovall, Director of Research Impact and Intelligence
In this webinar, the Virginia Tech Libraries research impact team will provide an overview of the services they provide to the campus. This includes:
- Grant support through reporting, visualizations, and impact analysis
- Competitive intelligence, such as through landscape scans and benchmarking reports
- Collaborative intelligence, examining past collaborations and using data to identify possible new partners
- Research impact reports, assessing and analyzing publication data, research metrics, collaboration networks for departments, colleges, and groups
- Reputational support for both researchers and the institution through the Virginia Tech Experts public portal [https://experts.vt.edu/]
- Curating the institutional scholarly record through the Elements RIM system.
The presenters will also share the story of the development of research impact services at Virginia Tech. They have adapted library service offerings to support institutional needs through relentless relationship building across a wide range of campus stakeholders. Today the team of three (soon to be four) enables data-driven decision-making by faculty and administrators alike by providing reports and trusted analysis
This webinar will be relevent to anyone interested in bibliometric and research impact activities. We expect this to be of particular interest to scholarly communication librarians and library leaders, as well as professionals working in institutional research, research administration, academic affairs, and campus communications.
24 January 2023
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Live webinar sessions are exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, but the recordings are publicly available to all.