SHARES Working Groups
SHARES Best Practices Working Group
The SHARES Best Practices Working Group is a standing group with rotating membership that works to develop SHARES preferred practices.
A list of specific collection sharing best practices divided into various categories. Each category is presented on a grid consisting of four columns:
- Principle: high-level collection sharing concepts of desired behavior.
- Best – General: specific collection sharing best practices applicable to most any situation or consortium.
- Best Plus – SHARES: specific collection sharing best practices reflecting the enhanced expectations and traditions among SHARES partners.
- The Worst: a chance to vent about pet peeves and perceived crimes against collection sharing humanity.
The inaugural edition of the SHARES Best Practices working Group conceived of, and began assembling, a set of best practices in the following categories:
- About You(r ILL unit)
- Packaging and Shipping
- International Packaging and Shipping
Some categories may not be present on the current version of the Best Practices grid; also, there are no doubt important categories we haven’t thought of yet.
SHARES participants are encouraged to contribute to this effort by:
- Commenting on the Best Practices work by posting to the SHARES-L discussion list or by sending comments to the OCLC SHARES coordinator.
- Using a template to send your own version of the Best Practices grid to the SHARES Best Practices Working Group for review; contact the OCLC SHARES coordinator to receive a copy of the template.
||Frick Collection Art Reference Library|
|Kathy Britt-Rogers||Emory University|
|J. Silvia Cho||CUNY Graduate Center|
||Stony Brook University|
||University of Michigan|
||Boston University Pappas Law Library|
||University of California, Los Angeles|
||Getty Research Institute|
||Pennsylvania State University|
||Art Institute of Chicago|
||Bryn Mawr College|
||CUNY Graduate Center|
||University of Miami|
||New York University|
|Lapis David Cohen
||University of Pennsylvania|
|Poul Erlandsen||Royal Library of Denmark|
|Caitlin Finlay||Cornell University|
||The OSU Health Sciences Library|
||Cleveland Museum of Art|
||University of Michigan|
||University of Pennsylvania's Biddle Law Library|
||University of Toronto|
Share Special Collections
The SHARES Sharing Special Collections Working Group has the tools you need to sensibly borrow and lend special collections materials.
In 2018 and 2019, the SHARES Executive Group engaged with all SHARES participants in rethinking SHARES policies and values.
SHARES Project Team
SHARES is managed by the SHARES Executive Group.
SHARES OCLC Lead
Please use this form for all your SHARES questions, including inquiring about SHARES, reaching out to a SHARES admin, updating contact details, seeking guidance from an ILL expert, or requesting to be paired with a SHARES buddy.