About the Global Sharing Program
OCLC created its own GAC, the Global Sharing Program, to foster international resource sharing initiatives. With more than 10,000 libraries around the world using the vast resources of WorldCat, international resource sharing represents an area of great opportunity. The Global Sharing Program makes this process easier while formalizing rules for borrowing beyond state and national boundaries.
The primary requirements for joining the Global Sharing GAC are:
- Payment must be by Fee Management
- Airmail or courier must be used for returnable material
- Electronic delivery must be used for non-returnable material
- The library must lend to all participants within the global group access capability group
- Libraries will need to update their ILL Policies within the OCLC Policies Directory to provide their policies for lending internationally and to include their Ariel or Odyssey IP address or Fax number in the communications field.
How to sign up
Any library wishing to participate in this GAC should complete the online application and agreement form.