Seeking Synchronicity: Evaluating Virtual Reference Services from User, Non-User, and Librarian Perspectives
- Radford, Marie L., & Lynn Silipigni Connaway. 2012. "Not Dead Yet! A Longitudinal Study of Query Type and Ready Reference Accuracy in Live Chat and IM Reference.” Library & Information Science Research, 35,1. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2012.08.001. Preprint: http://www.oclc.org/research/publications/library/2012/radford-connaway-lisr.pdf (.pdf: 773K/28 pp.). [This paper won the 2013 ALISE/Bohdan S. Wynar Research Paper Competition.]
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, and Marie L. Radford. 2011. Seeking Synchronicity: Revelations and Recommendations for Virtual Reference. Dublin, OH: OCLC Research. http://www.oclc.org/reports/synchronicity/default.htm.
- Radford, Marie L., Lynn Silipigni Connaway, Patrick A. Confer, Susanna Sabolsci-Boros, and Hannah Kwon. 2011. "'Are We Getting Warmer?' Query Clarification in Live Chat Virtual Reference." Reference & User Services Quarterly, 50,3: 259-279.
- Radford, Marie L., and Lynn Silipigni Connaway. 2010. "Getting Better All the Time: Improving Communication and Accuracy in Virtual Reference." In Creating the Reference Renaissance: Current & Future Trends, ed. M. L. Radford & R. D. Lankes, 39-54. New York: Neal-Schuman.
- Radford, Marie L., and Lynn Silipigni Connaway. 2010. "'I Stay Away from the Unknown, I Guess.' Measuring Impact and Understanding Critical Factors for Millennial Generation and Adult Non-users of Virtual Reference Services." In Online Proceedings of the Fifth Annual iConference, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, February 3-6, 2010, 26-33. Available online at: http://nora.lis.uiuc.edu/images/iConferences/2010papers2_Page-Zhang.pdf.
- Pre-print available online at: http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/synchronicity/reports/iconference2010paper.pdf (.pdf: 292k/9 pp.).
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, Marie L. Radford, and Jocelyn DeAngelis Williams. 2009. "Engaging Net Gen students in virtual reference: Reinventing services to meet their information behaviors and communication preferences." In Proceedings of the Fourteenth Annual National Conference of the Association of College and Research Libraries, March 12-15, 2009, Seattle, Washington, 10-27. Chicago: ACRL/ALA.
- Pre-print available online at: www.oclc.org/research/publications/archive/2009/connaway-acrl-2009.pdf (.pdf: 117K/24 pp.)
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, Marie L. Radford, and Timothy J. Dickey. 2008. "On the trail of the elusive non-user: What research in virtual reference environments reveals." Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 34,2 (December/January): 25-28. Available online in HTML or PDF (222K/4 pp.) from: www.asis.org/Bulletin/Dec-07/
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, Marie L. Radford, Timothy J. Dickey, Jocelyn De Angelis Williams, and Patrick Confer. 2008. "Sense-making and Synchronicity: Information-seeking Behaviors of Millennials and Baby Boomers." Libri 58,2 (June): 123-135. E-print available online at: www.oclc.org/research/publications/archive/2008/connaway-libri.pdf (.pdf192.4K/32 pp.).
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, and Marie L. Radford. 2007. “Service Sea Change: Clicking with Screenagers Through Virtual Reference.” Presented at the Association of College and Research Libraries 13th National Conference, “Sailing into the Future – Charting Our Destiny,” 29 March – 1 April 2007, Baltimore, Maryland (USA):
- Webcast: Friday 30 March 2007, 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Presentation: Saturday, 31 March 2007, 2:45 – 4:00 p.m. Baltimore Convention Center, Room 318-323.
- Pre-print available online at: www.oclc.org/research/publications/archive/2007/connaway-acrl.pdf (.pdf: 68K/19 pp.)
- Radford, Marie L., and Lynn Silipigni Connaway. 2007. "'Screenagers' and Live Chat Reference: Living Up to the Promise." Scan, 26,1 (February): 31-39. E-print available at: www.oclc.org/research/publications/archive/2007/connaway-scan.pdf (.pdf: 129.2K/32 pp.)
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, and Marie L. Radford. 2007. " The Thrill of the Chase in Cyberspace: A Report of Focus Groups with Live Chat Librarians." Guest Forum, Informed Librarian Online (January).
- Radford, Marie L., and Lynn Silipigni Connaway. 2006. "Seeking sustainability and singularity: Evaluating virtual reference from user, non-user, and librarian perspectives." Online proceedings of The American Society for Information Science and Technology Conference, Information realities: Shaping the digital future for all, 3-9 November 2006, Austin, Texas (USA).