Public Health Crisis Management Playbook for Archives, Libraries, and Museums
REopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) project
The REALM Public Health Crisis Management Playbook for Archives, Libraries, and Museums offers a set of guiding processes, resources, and tools to aid cultural heritage institutions when planning for, navigating through, and recovering from a significant public health emergency. This resource can help archive, library, or museum staff who are part of a crisis management planning or communications team.
This playbook, available online and as a downloadable PDF document, covers the following topics:
- Crisis leadership—Provides starting points for crisis management and communications planning
- Facilities and operations—Offers considerations for determining processes for decision-making about collections management, space configuration, building systems, and safety protocols
- Crisis decision-making and risk management—Overviews risk assessment, information gathering, and decision-making during uncertain times
- Resource networks—Shares strategies for identifying partners and maintaining collaborative relationships, including a tool for visualizing an institution’s potential partners during a crisis
- Resources for more information—Provides all resources used to develop the playbook, as well as additional materials that can be used in developing a public health crisis management plan
- Short URL: https://oc.lc/realm-playbook
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.25333/fc2d-j708
Related Projects and Pages
Jardine, Katherine, and Anna Musun-Miller, eds. 2022. Public Health Crisis Management Playbook for Archives, Libraries, and Museums. Dublin, OH: OCLC. https://doi.org/10.25333/fc2d-j708.