RLP Leadership Roundtables
The OCLC Research Library Partnership convenes partner institutions on topics of interest in a traditional roundtable format in the areas of
- Archives and special collections
- Research support
The RLP Leadership Roundtable discussions have three goals:
- For RLP members to share information about and benchmark their current services and future goals.
- To enable OCLC Research to take stock of the state of the field, and to synthesize and share actionable insights with the broader library community.
- To build community and facilitate peer learning across our transnational RLP affiliates.
- Each convening will focus on a specific, high relevance topic. The archives and special collections discussion topics may include born-digital collections, metrics and data-driven decision making, and resourcing and advocacy. For research support, we will discuss topics like bibliometrics and research impact, research data management, and research information management/researcher profiles.
- We anticipate convening three roundtable sessions annually.
- Each 90-minute leadership roundtable will be offered virtually using the WebEx platform, and we will host these at three separate times, to accommodate affiliates across many time zones. We request that participants from each institution select one session to attend as a group.
- Prior to each roundtable, participants will be provided with relevant questions to inform their reporting out during the convening. Other than that, there is no time commitment outside of the calls themselves.
- A post-event summary will be published on Hanging Together, the OCLC Research blog.
Who should participate
- This opportunity is offered exclusively to RLP member institutions.
Participants must be nominated by their RLP institutional partner representative, and most participants are in leadership/strategy roles, such as Directors, Associate Deans, Associate University Librarians, Heads of specialized units or libraries, or similar. If you are at an RLP institution and interested in participating, please reach out to Chela or Rebecca using the contact information below.
View the complete Roundtable Events Schedule
A number of subscription e-mail and discussion lists have been developed for staff at OCLC Research Library Partnership institutions to support continuing conversations about our work, share updates and solicit volunteers for new activities.
Read our OCLC Research blog — Hanging Together, for more context and behind-the-scenes information on these areas of research