June 24—Live REALM Discussion Panel at ALA Annual 2021
Join the REALM project for a live discussion panel with museum representatives to discuss how museums and public libraries can partner to respond to public health crises like the COVID-19 pandemic.
REALM Discussion Panel on Museum and Public Library Partnerships
Live: Thursday, June 24, 11:00AM – 12:00PM CT
Children’s museums and science centers have deep expertise explaining health and science topics to the general public. Public libraries are go-to hubs for community members seeking reliable information on health and wellness, among many other topics. How might these two institutions combine their strengths to help educate and inform the public about viruses and vaccines? This panel will feature museum representatives who have experience with partnering with their local library, so that we can have a generative discussion about how those partnerships can be of service during the COVID-19 pandemic and at the ready for future public health crises.
- Caitlin Ervin, SpectrUM Discovery Area (University of Montana)
- Jessie Herbert, SpectrUM Discovery Area (University of Montana)
- Meredith A. Brustlin, Children’s Museum of New Hampshire
- Adam P. Fagen, Association of Science and Technology Center
- Anna Musun-Miller, REALM Museum Toolkit Editor
Moderator: Kendra Morgan, REALM (OCLC)