Works in Progress Webinar: OCLC RLP SHARES Policy Rethink: Outcomes and Next Steps
In this webinar, representatives of the SHARES resource sharing consortium highlighted outcomes from recently concluded activities aimed at rethinking SHARES policies and values.
This event has passed. Download the presentation below.
- OCLC RLP SHARES Sharing Special Collections webinar—9 July 2019
- OCLC RLP SHARES partner benefits
- Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Electronic Reserve (JILLDDER)
- Rethinking Resource Sharing Initiative and ALA RUSA STARS: STAR Checklist
- IFLA Guidelines for Best Practice in Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- IDS Project Online Learning Institute
- IDS Project Workflow Toolkit
- ALA RUSA ILL Code for the US
Zack Lane, Head of Delivery Services, Columbia University Libraries
Beth Posner, Head of Library Resource Sharing, The Gradute Center, CUNY
Dennis Massie, Program Officer, OCLC Research Library Partnership
The SHARES resource sharing consortium’s leadership and participants recently concluded a year-long exercise aimed at rethinking SHARES policies and values. The goal of the exercise was to ensure that SHARES remains on track to play a vibrant role in a resource sharing future where the emphasis is always on the patron, and where consortia will increasingly be the venue for the advancement of library collections and services.
The Rethink was organized around five themes, taken up and explored in sequence as the months unfolded:
- Encourage evidence-based processes
- Build in flexibility
- Enhance access
- Embrace local procedures that add value
- Mitigate international sharing costs
Outcomes and next steps from the SHARES Policy Rethink were presented from three points of view: a SHARES Executive Group member, a newcomer to SHARES who recently joined the SHARES Best Practices Working Group, and the longtime SHARES program coordinator.
This webinar will be of interest to those working in resource sharing and access services, as well as those thinking about how to improve services to patrons.
Works in Progress: An OCLC Research Occasional Webinar Series
These webinars are exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, but the recordings are publicly available to all.
Works in Progress: An OCLC Research Occasional Webinar Series to talk about work happening in OCLC Research – we'd like to present our work informally and get feedback from you, our Partners. We'd also like this to be a venue for Partner institutions. What are you working on that everyone should know about? What input would help you move forward? Let us know!
13 June 2019
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Online via WebEx