RLG Programs Update at ALA MidwinterSaturday, 24 January
Open to all
Colorado Convention Center
Korbel Ballroom 4B
RLG partners joined us for the RLG Programs Update, where program officers gave reports on:
- Network level library management workflow (find out what it means)
- OCLC Grid Services
- Journals Preservation Project
- MARC 583 update
- White paper on disciplinary research behaviors (hot off the press!)
- SHARES working group progress (reports from 6 different groups!)
- What we've learned from the results of the RLG Partners Metadata Creation Workflows survey.
- Recommendations from the Networking Names Advisory Group on the objectives, functions, and attributes of a "Cooperative Identities Hub"
- "Missing materials"—a methodology for recording (and exposing) stolen and missing materials in WorldCat
- World Cat Local and the Special Collections Task Force
- Synthesis of user studies for archival information systems
- Archival Delivery Steering Committee
- EAD Tools Working Group
- Archival Surveys Working Group
- A look at archival records in WorldCat
- And much more!
Following the update, RLG partners joined us for the RLG Partnership Meet & Greet from 5:30–7 p.m. in the OCLC Blue Suite at the Sheraton Denver Downtown hotel where there were plenty of opportunity to enjoy refreshments and conversation with program officers, research scientists and colleagues from the RLG Partnership.
We enjoyed seeing you in Denver!