Official Contest Rules
2015 OCLC Research Collective Collections Tournament: Bracket Competition
- Entry. One entry per person. Provide a valid email address, your name and postal address, and your chosen conference by 5 PM Eastern time, Thursday, March 19, 2015 through Sponsor’s online entry form. (“Entry”). No entries will be accepted after that time. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE BRACKET COMPETITION. THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. Entry into this Bracket Competition constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of Entry occurs when OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.'s, located at 6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio 43017 ("Sponsor") servers record the Entry information resulting from contestants' entry being received in the inbox. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules.
- Winner. If your conference wins the tournament and you are the only entrant who has chosen that conference, you win (the "Winner") the $100 US cash value prize!
- In the event that multiple entrants have chosen the winning conference, a random drawing among entrants with the winning conference will be held to determine the prize winner.
- In the event that the winning conference has not been chosen by any Entrant, a random drawing among all Entrants will be held to determine the prize Winner.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any fees and/or exchange rates if Winner is located outside of the United States.
- Winning constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Winner's name, images, hometown, likeness, prize won, and photograph (all at Sponsor's discretion) for announcing the winner in any and all media throughout the world, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- Winner will be announced via the Hanging Together blog post no later than Wednesday, April 8, 2015.
- Eligibility. Bracket Competition is only open to residents of eligible countries pursuant to U.S. federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing international trade who are 18 and over with a valid email address, void where prohibited. Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of Sponsor, and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries (collectively, "Contest Parties") are not eligible to enter or win.
- Terms and Conditions of Participation/Release. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Bracket Competition. These Official Rules are subject to change without notice. Contest Parties and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, "Released Parties") are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, stolen, altered, garbled, incorrect, incomplete or delayed Entries; all of which will be void. Released Parties are also not responsible for problems related to technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the website, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected communications which may limit a contestant's ability to participate in this Bracket Competition. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Bracket Competition, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions with may occur in connection with the administration of the Bracket Competition, the announcement of the prize or in any Bracket Competition related materials. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Released Parties. Mass entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Bracket Competition in the event it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired, and to cancel or suspend the Bracket Competition in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Bracket Competition and, if terminated, at Sponsor's discretion, determine the Winner using all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of cancellation using the judging procedure outlined above. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the contestant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operations of the Bracket Competition is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent permitted by the law and to disqualify such contestant from the Bracket Competition.
- THE PRIZE, THE CHALLENGE AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CONTEST PARTIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- The Governing Law for these Official Rules and the Bracket Competition is the State of Ohio.