The value of a FirstSearch and WorldCat Discovery subscription for public libraries
A 60-minute webinar refresh your knowledge of WorldCat searching through FirstSearch and WorldCat Discovery available through your subscription.
Dit is een on-demand evenement.
Join this webinar to refresh your knowledge of WorldCat searching through FirstSearch and WorldCat Discovery available through your subscription that gives you:
- Access to WorldCat, the world’s most comprehensive database of information about library collections, through two interfaces
- Precision searching required by library staff and expert searchers in FirstSearch to quickly identify known items and resources on nearly any topic
- General searching of WorldCat and a broad central index of licensed content collections through WorldCat Discovery, which helps people find resources in all formats and languages in your library and thousands of libraries across the state around the world
- The ability to get needed items with availability details for items in your library’s collections, links to online resources, and user-initiated ILL requests for items not available locally
- Visibility on the web from WorldCat.org, search engines, and popular websites such as Wikipedia, EasyBib, and Google Books, where users typically start their searches (if your collections are also represented in WorldCat through an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata subscription)