WorldCat data sync collections
If you have an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Subscription, WorldCat data sync collections offer you:
- ongoing registration of holdings in WorldCat (including setting or deleting holdings);
- library record return with OCLC number embedded, or WorldCat record return with your local system number embedded;
- access to reports and unresolved records;
- shared print registration; and
- ongoing LHR loading and maintenance from MARC data (MARC Format for Holdings Data, or MFHD).
Available for an additional charge are reclamation projects, symbol-merge projects, and special projects (one-time projects that are not considered reclamation or symbol-merge projects).
- Reclamation projects are defined as projects that require a scan/delete action after the file is processed. When this type of project is requested, OCLC runs a scan in WorldCat to determine which records have holdings with a date stamp prior to the date of the data sync transaction. Once these records have been identified, OCLC will delete holdings from these records.
- Bibliographic data and reclamation files must be sent in MARC (.mrc) or as a list of OCLC control numbers. Other formats will incur an additional charge.
Please note: CatExpress® subscribers are limited to one reclamation or symbol-merge project at an additional charge.
WorldShare Collection Manager is a cataloging tool that helps you streamline and automate the management of records for your electronic and print collections in one place to help you save staff time while improving collection discovery and access.
WorldShare Collection Manager cataloging service
Connect with fellow WorldShare users in the OCLC Community Center.
Past and recorded events
29 January 2016
27 January 2016