With WorldShare Circulation, you can:
You will have no software to install, no maintenance and no downloads with WorldShare Circulation. OCLC will handle these functions centrally for all libraries. Your circulation operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smart phone or other device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can complete circulation tasks anywhere—in your library's stacks or beyond your library's walls.
Generate customizable real-time pull lists
Additionally, you can generate customizable real-time pull lists for identifying and selecting items available to fill user requests. Traditional systems deliver this information as a static report, usually generated overnight. A real-time pull list informs each library location immediately that an item available at their current location can be used to fill a request that a user made moments ago. Real-time pull lists are particularly effective for managing closed stacks and for providing "just in time" services.
Intuitive staff interface simplifies routine tasks
Circulation's intuitive staff interface simplifies routine tasks, with one screen managing tasks that previously required shuffling between multiple windows. User interface design and upgrades are, and will continue to be, based on collective insight and feedback from member libraries as well as ongoing usability testing.
WorldShare Circulation is designed to provide interoperability with external systems. For example, it supports the SIP2 standard for interaction with self-check machines. It also interoperates with third-party systems including financial management and student records systems such as Banner.
With WorldShare Management Services for groups, you can have integrated circulation among your group members while allowing for flexibility in circulation and holds policies, access to user records, notification and billing options and collections of payments.
Individual library management
- Each library has a separate user file.
- Different hold policies/priorities can be set by user type.
- Each library can define its own circulation and loan policies.
- All user bills will show to all libraries, but each library can control which accepts payments or waives its bills. Any library will be able to create a bill for any user, and the bill will be associated with the creating library.
- Users can be limited to picking up items only at their home libraries.
- Notice configuration is controlled by individual libraries.
- Libraries can create hold policies to favor users of the owning library.
Library group management
- Group members can circulate items to each others' users. Owning libraries' circulation policies apply, including limits on the number of items checked out.
- There is a single hold queue across all group members.
- Bibliographic record searching can be scoped to local, group or global holdings.
- A member of the group can see information about users of any other member of the group, but it can only edit the user records for its own users.
WorldShare Management Services
WorldShare Circulation is available as part of the WorldShare Management Services suite.
28 November 2017
Informatiemiddag MARC21: Hoe en waarom?
15 November 2017
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections: A demonstration of the WMS Discovery interface