"MOOCs and Libraries" Webcast Viewers Encouraged to Participate Remotely with #mooclib
The OCLC Research and University of Pennsylvania "MOOCs and Libraries: Massive Opportunity or Overwhelming Challenge?"event on Monday and Tuesday, 18-19 March will feature thoughtful and provocative presentations about how libraries are already getting involved with MOOCs, and engage attendees in discussions about strategic opportunities and challenges going forward.
The entire event will be streamed live on the web, and webcast viewers are encouraged to participate by tweeting their comments or questions with #mooclib. We'll address their questions and comments live during the discussion portions of the presentations. For those who don't tweet, don’t worry! Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
In addition, we encourage webcast viewers to make the experience more social by inviting colleagues to watch the event and participate remotely with them. We also encourage all who plan to view the event online to register to view the live webcast. Registration is free and optional, but it allows us to contact remote viewers if there should be any technical issues with the webcast.
MOOCs and Libraries Webcast Schedule
The meeting will be streamed live on this page during the following times:
Monday, 18 March (1:00-4:45 p.m. EDT)
- 1:00 p.m. – Webcast Begins
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Opening & Welcomes
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. – Copyright, Licensing, Open Access
- 3:00-3:30 p.m. – Break
- 3:30-4:45 p.m. – Production & Pedagogy
- 4:45 p.m. – Webcast Ends for the Day
Tuesday, 19 March (9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EDT)
- 9:00 a.m. Webcast Resumes
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – New Opportunities for Librarians: What Happens When You Go Behind the Lines in a MOOC?
- 10:00-10:15 a.m. – Break
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. – Who Are the Masses? A View of the Audience
- 11:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Summary, Next Steps and Group Discussion
- 12:00 p.m. – Webcast Ends
For more information:
Follow or tweet this event with #mooclib.