OCLC Research to Host Rapid Capture in Special Collections and Archives Webinar on 27 October 2011 at 8 a.m. PDT / 11 a.m. EDT (UTC 15:00)
Follow or tweet this webinar with #orrapcap.
The report, Rapid Capture: Faster Throughput in Digitization of Special Collections, focused on the actual moment of digitization of non-book materials and on innovative ways to speed things up. But speeding things up in one part of the process often uncovers bottlenecks in other parts. In this webinar, experts from special collections and archives will offer up creative ways to speed up other parts of the process to provide greater access to special collections.
Join us and learn from these experiences:
- Nimble workflows that allow multiple streams of manuscript content to be scanned and presented online quickly—Laura Clark Brown, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Re-using archival description, or: our metadata is only as good as our descriptive practice—Ben Goldman, University of Wyoming
- The quick and the good: outsourcing rapid capture of special collections—Mary Elings, University of California, Berkeley
- A planned destructive scanning process designed to create digitally reformatted copies that join their born-digital counterparts and are accessed and preserved as a single format—Erik Moore, University of Minnesota
- A system, paired with rapid capture, to provide access to entire folder content through the finding aid—Brian Wilson, The Henry Ford
Ample time will be provided for you to discuss how to scale up special collections digitization with your colleagues from the OCLC Research Library Partnership, beginning with an opportunity for attendees to share some of their innovations.
OCLC Research Library Partners are invited to register here* to attend this webinar on 27 October 2011 at 8 a.m. PDT / 11 a.m. EDT (UTC 15:00).
*After you register to attend online, you will receive an e-mail message that contains instructions for logging on to WebEx, where you will view the meeting slides online through your Web browser (please note that WebEx recommends using Internet Explorer or Firefox, as Chrome and Safari are not supported). When you log in to the webinar, you may chose to either listen to the presentation audio through your computer speakers or headset, or dial in to listen by telephone.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call WebEx technical support directly by phone at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 866 229-3239 or International Toll: +1 408 435-7088.
Register to attend the Rapid Capture in Special Collections and Archives webinar on 27 October 2011 at 8 a.m. PDT / 11 a.m. EDT (UTC 15:00)
Read the report, Rapid Capture: Faster Throughput in Digitization of Special Collections
Rapid Capture: Mass Digitization of Special Collections activity page
OCLC Research webinars page
OCLC Research webinars in iTunes