Contribute to the Development of a Registry of Copyright Evidence project
Based on the emerging OCLC Registry of Copyright Evidence objectives, we assisted in moving this effort forward in three ways:
- Analyzed current WorldCat records to establish a baseline of available rights information and test impact of aggregating additional data sources.
- Engaged with RLG Programs Partners who are utilizing copyright evidence and document current practice.
- Communicated findings and outcomes.
- Identified and interviewed RLG Partners utilizing copyright evidence
- Timeframe: March–January 2008
- Team members: Proffitt (in consultation with Bill Carney), Childress, Lavoie
- Participation opportunities: Cornell, UCLA, Michigan, Stanford, UT Austin, Emory, NYPL, Rutgers
- Produced a Copyright Investigation Summary Report
- Proffit, Merrilee, Arnold Arcolio, and Constance Malpas. 2008. Copyright Investigation Summary Report. (.pdf: 35K/6 pp.)