You can profile a new WorldCat Cataloging Partners service account, revise an existing account, or, make an account inactive by using the OCLC Online Service Center (OSC).
Before you begin
Highly recommended: Use the pre-order checklist before you complete the WorldCat Cataloging Partners profiling form. The checklist contains some key pieces of information you should gather and items to discuss with your material vendor(s) before you complete the profiling form.
- If your vendor is Midwest Tape, Random House/Books on Tape, or Distribution Video and Audio, you will need to use the Cataloging Partners MARC Request form. For all other vendors, use the Vendor Partner List to determine how to order.
- If your vendor is Library Ideas, please use the Cataloging Partners MARC Request for Library Ideas form.
- If your vendor is Naxos, please use the Cataloging Partners MARC Request for Naxos form.
- If your vendor is 3M Cloud Library, please use the Cataloging Partners MARC Request for 3M Cloud Library form.
- If your vendor is OverDrive, please use the Cataloging Partners MARC Request for OverDrive form.
- If you have questions about MARC records for OverDrive titles, please see the FAQ.
- If you have questions about MARC records for Naxos titles, please see the FAQ.
- If you have questions about MARC records for Library Ideas titles, please see the FAQ.
- If you are unable to use the Online Service Center, please use the PDF order form.
When you are ready
- Log on or create a new account in the OCLC Online Service Center (OSC)
- Navigate to "OCLC Services" page: On the OSC Welcome page, under Order OCLC products and services; click OCLC services
- On the OCLC services page, click the WorldCat Cataloging Partners link, or click the adjacent Order button for this link
- Follow directions to open the profiling form. You may create a new WorldCat Cataloging Partners profile, revise an existing profile, or, make a profile inactive.
- If adding a new profile:
Please note: Each account number must have its own WorldCat Cataloging Partners profile. For example, if you have five account numbers with which you would like to use the WorldCat Cataloging Partners service, you will need to complete five separate profiles—one per account number—regardless of the number of material vendors you use.
- Choose the material vendor from the drop down menu and click on the Continue button
- Provide the account number and click on the Continue button
- The next screen you get will be a summary screen of this profile using default settings
- View and modify profile summary using the 'Update' links where applicable
- Click on the Submit button once the account is profiled as needed
- If revising or inactivating a profile:
- Choose material vendor
- Choose the account number you would like to review and revise
- View and modify existing profile summary using the 'Update' links
- Click on the Submit button once the profile is modified as needed
- If adding a new profile:
WorldCat Cataloging Partners may be available as part of your OCLC Cataloging Subscription. Please contact OCLC for pricing information.
Wiley MARC records are subsidized by the vendor; no delivery cost will be incurred by the library.
OCLC Australia and New Zealand
Level 8, 310 King Street
T: +61 (0) 3 9929 0800
T: 1300 260 795 (local call within Australia)
F: +61 (0) 3 9929 0801