Libraries and Open Ecosystems: Metadata challenges and opportunities in the open ecosystem
Join Kathryn Stine, OCLC Research Library Partnership, and library leaders from OCLC’s Global Council as they discuss the next generation of metadata, including contributing environmental factors, and the findings of the Reimagine Descriptive Workflows project.
Dit is een on-demand evenement.
Join Kathryn Stine, OCLC Research Library Partnership, and library leaders from OCLC’s Global Council as they discuss next generation metadata challenges and opportunities informed by attributes of the open ecosystem, such as collaborative community work, participatory partnerships, and enhancing description-based services to increase discovery and access as well as reflect inclusive practices. Opportunity and challenge spaces include:
- Reflecting on where libraries must invest attention and effort
- Including and representing diverse communities and perspectives
- Supporting metadata librarians in carrying out new roles and responsibilities
Join us for an in-depth discussion, which will include an opportunity to reflect on what you, as library leaders, can do to move this important work forward. This session includes active discussion and opportunities for all attendees to participate.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Reinhard Altenhöner, Deputy Director General, Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Trevor A. Dawes, Vice Provost for Libraries and Museums and May Morris University Librarian, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, United States
- Christine Korytnyk Dulaney, Chief of the Germanic and Slavic Division, Library of Congress, Washington D.C., United States
- Michael Levine-Clark, Dean of Libraries, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, United States
- Kathryn Stine, Senior Program Officer, OCLC Research Library Partnership, Albany, California, United States
This event is part of the 2022 Global Council Presents: Libraries and Open Ecosystems webinar series. Register to attend additional webinars, or watch past events on-demand.
15 July 2022
Creating a New Model Library
This session will focus on changes made both before and during the pandemic that influenced leaders’ visions for their libraries during the next five years, including library participation in open ecosystems.
Time: 01:00 – 02:00 Eastern Standard Time, Australia [UTC +10]
13 april 2022
11:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]