OCLC Research has been working with staff from OCLC Research Library Partnership institutions to design and build a tool that, when completed and stocked with data, will function as a real-time ILL cost study. The ILL Cost Calculator tool will provide both a mechanism for libraries to gather and process their own data, and benchmarks against which to measure their own unit's performance.
The Web-based ILL Cost Calculator will allow library administrators and practitioners to:
- enter data from their institution, year after year,
- learn their own interlending unit costs,
- compare those costs with averages of peer institutions,
- track changes over time, and
- simulate the cost impact of joining a particular consortium, adopting a particular sharing model, or acquiring a particular piece of equipment.
This presentation will be of interest to anyone working in collections, resource sharing, or library planning and budgeting.
View the webinar recording to hear about our plans for this powerful new tool, which we expect to start beta testing within a few weeks. See the webinar page for more information, including links for downloading the recording and slides.
This was the fifth webinar in our Works in Progress: an OCLC Research Occasional Webinar Series. OCLC Research Library Partners are invited to participate in these webinars to talk about work happening in OCLC Research, as well as to tell us what they are working on that everyone should know about and what input would help them move forward. Recordings of these webinars are made publicly available afterward.