Get together with the OCLC cooperative online and in person. Our meetings, events and programs for the global library community are all designed to help you stay current with the trends and developments in the technology and information landscape. Our events calendar contains a master list of our activities worldwide. We also issue announcements and news releases to our members and the media, as well as publish reports, regional newsletters and a member magazine.
14 July 2015
Join us for a one-hour webinar to learn how you can simplify daily activities for your librarians. Hear how OCLC’s cloud-based strategy will allow you to:
- Reform workflows by utilizing cooperatively shared data, built and maintained by librarians
- Manage electronic and print collections through a single, Web-based interface
- Make discovery, access and delivery more convenient for your users.
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
15 July 2015
Join us for a virtual user group meeting where you’ll hear updates from OCLC and Atlas Systems staff on recent and upcoming changes to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan and ILLiad.
Time: 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
15 July 2015
Redefining workflows: Shifting from Cataloging to Curation
WMS success story: Pritzker Military Museum & Library
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenter Theresa Embrey, Chief Librarian at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library. Theresa will share her library’s experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why the Pritzker Military Museum & Library chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is streamlining work to save staff time
- Explore how WMS has enabled this library to spend less time on routine cataloging tasks so staff can focus on other priorities.
Time: 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Vrije Universiteit (VU University) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, has selected WorldShare Management Services to manage its library resources.
OCLC, the global library technology service and research organization based in Dublin, Ohio, has been named among Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT.
OCLC’s work to help increase the visibility of library collections on the Web through the creation of library linked data—moving from a web of documents to a web of data—is described in a new book, Library Linked Data in the Cloud: OCLC’s Experim...