OCLC cataloging community meeting
This virtual community event provides an opportunity to hear about important work by community members and learn about OCLC cataloging and metadata services.
This event is on-demand.
Join us for this free, virtual event and engage with panelists along with fellow cataloging community members about initiatives to increase diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in library metadata, and hear from OCLC staff about updates to our cataloging products and services.
DEI in library metadata panel discussion:
- Treshani Perera (University of Kentucky Libraries)—Harmful Language in Transcribed Titles: A Case Study
- Sarah Hoover (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)—"Use for works that exhibit hostility toward or bias against": Expanding and revising the Controlled Vocabulary for Rare Materials Cataloging
- Linked data and the integration of WorldCat Entities URIs into WorldCat
- Continuous efforts to enrich and improve WorldCat data and methods to update your local collection
- Ways to optimize e-resource management, access, and visibility using Collection Manager
- Reminders for users of Connexion browser and the WorldCat Metadata API