Using Wikibase as a platform for library linked data management and discovery
In this workshop, you'll be introduced to Wikibase and associated applications for data creation, editing, and discovery.
This event has passed.
In this workshop, you will be introduced to Wikibase and associated applications for data creation, editing, and discovery. Learn the steps required to deploy and configure a stand-alone instance of Wikibase, and load data into it for a set of bibliographic entities. You’ll then be able to use that Wikibase instance to test entity creation and editing, experiment with batch processing using the Pywikibot Python library, and try out a SPARQL endpoint for a triplestore based on the Wikibase data.
Principal Engineer for OCLC Research
- Understand the Mediawiki platform and its Wikibase structured data extension
- Set up a stand-alone instance of Wikibase
- Understand background on the Pywikibot Python library for batch loading data into Wikibase
- Practice creating and modifying entities using the Wikibase interface
- Practice loading and querying Wikibase data in a SPARQL endpoint
16 October 2018
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]