Managing your library in the cloud – The medical library experience
Guest presenters from the Levy Library at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, share their library's experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS). Discover why this library chose to implement a next-generation, cloud based library services platform that offered an enhanced user experience while saving time and money.
This event has passed.
During this 30-minute webinar, you will:
- Hear why the Levy Library chose to go with a cloud-based library services platform based on electronic resources for our collections.
- Learn about how the implementation simplified technical services workflow and allowed staff to take on higher level functions.
- Learn how Levy Library approached staff training for various WMS modules, as well as the development of a new discovery system communication plan for library users.
About the Speakers:
- Robin O'Hanlon, MIS is the Assistant Library Director, Outreach & Public Services at the Levy Library, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. Her professional interests include library outreach & advocacy, access services, consumer health information, and information seeking behavior. Robin earned her MIS from University of Toronto in 2009.
- Elsa Anderson, MLIS is the Assistant Library Director, Electronic Resources and Technical Services at the Levy Library, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. Her professional interests include electronic resources management, ERM systems and software implementation, licensing and electronic resources statistics and assessment. Elsa earned her MLIS from Simmons in 2005.
01 November 2016
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]