OCLC Leadership Team
President and Chief Executive Officer
Skip Prichard in the news
- “The Best Self-help Books to Keep You Motivated until 2020 (and Beyond).” 4 August 2019. Forbes. Skip Prichard’s book is recommended as one of six new self-help books that will inspire and inform.
- “Learn from Your Mistakes to Find Opportunities in Those Missteps.” 26 July 2019. Investor’s Business Daily. Skip Prichard is quoted throughout this article on how errors teach valuable lessons.
- “9 Most Common Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make.” 17 May 2019. Atlanta Small Business Show. Skip Prichard is interviewed about his book and discusses how to overcome common mistakes entrepreneurs make.
- “Skip Prichard on The Book of Mistakes and Living a Purposeful Life.” 7 May 2019. JumpStart Your Joy. This podcast features Skip Prichard’s book and offers insight into what makes people successful.
- “The Book of Mistakes.” 3 May 2019. On the Couch: LA Talk Radio. In this podcast, Skip Prichard is interviewed about his book, and takes listeners on an inspiring journey to help them learn the nine mistakes that prevent us from achieving our goals.
- “The Book of Mistakes.” 16 April 2019. JustinBrady.com. In this podcast, Justin Brady interviews Skip Prichard about his book, his experience in business, and leadership.
- “Learn the Mistakes—Yes, Mistakes—Made by Some of the World’s Most Successful People.” 1 April 2019. Monday Morning Radio. In this podcast, Skip Prichard talks about missteps to avoid in order to achieve greater success than you ever imagined.
- “#356 Skip Prichard: The Book of Mistakes.” April 2019. BlogTalkRadio: Guy’s Guy Radio. In this podcast, host Robert Manni interviews Skip Prichard about his book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “The Book of Mistakes.” 24 March 2019. The Cyberlibrarian: Reviews and Views on Current Literature. Miriam Downey, a retired librarian and lifelong reader, reviews Skip Prichard’s book.
- “How Mistakes Can Light a Path to a Successful Future.” 22 March 2019. SmartLiving 365. Kathy Gottberg reviews Skip Prichard’s The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “The Book of Mistakes.” 22 March 2019. School for Startups Radio. Jim Beach interviews Skip Prichard about his book.
- “The Book of Mistakes.” 18 March 2019. SA Examiner. Skip Prichard’s book is reviewed by Sandra Cruz.
- “Mistakes Lead Us to Success.” 18 March 2019. Marty Wolf Show. Skip Prichard is interviewed in this podcast about his book and how it can help listeners discover and follow their personal purpose.
- “The Book of Mistakes.” 11 March 2019. Eric Jacobsen on Management and Leadership. Skip Prichard’s book is reviewed by Eric Jacobson, who offers ideas for leaders and managers.
- “International Women’s Day – Perfect for Creating a Legacy of Learning.” 8 March 2019. MsCareerGirl.com. Skip Prichard’s book is featured in this article about living life aware of the choices you are making.
- “The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.” 8 March 2019. The Writing Train: Join the Locomotion. This web page provides a summary of Skip Prichard’s book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “New Books | Spring 2019.” 1 March 2019. The Edge. Skip Prichard’s book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future, is among those new books featured in this online magazine.
- “Learning from Mistakes and Creating a Successful Future: Interview with Skip Prichard.” March 2019. StartupMindset.com. In this Q&A interview, Skip Prichard offers insights on how to respond to mistakes that will lead to personal growth and success.
- “Skip Prichard, Author of The Book of Mistakes.” 25 February 2019. Purpose Stories blog. Life coach and writer Helen Stelian interviews Skip Prichard about finding and living your life’s purpose.
- “Bookspin.”11 January 2019. Bookspin.blogspot.com. Skip Prichard’s book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future, debuts on this book review and promotion blog.
- “Finding Your Purpose to Achieve Success Sooner.” January 2019. Shep Hyken’s Customer Service Blog. In this audio interview, Skip Prichard discusses his book, which details the most common mistakes people make in their professional and personal lives.
- “Turn Mistakes into Gold.” Inspire Nation. Host Michael Sandler interviews Skip Prichard about The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “The 9 Mistakes that Will Prevent You from Achieving Your Goals.” Unshakableselfconfidence.com. In this podcast, Skip Prichard discusses the nine mistakes that will prevent you from achieving your goals.
- “Featured Books.” Booktalk.org. Skip Prichard’s book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future, is among the books recommended on this website.
- “5 Business Books that Should Be on Your Holiday List.” 27 November 2018. Forbes. Skip Prichard’s book,The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future, is one of five business books recommended for reading or as a gift.
- “Game Changers for Libraries.” 26 October 2018. American Libraries. In this article, Skip Prichard lists five ideas to help bring about organizational change, which he shared with attendees at the 2018 OCLC Americas Regional Council Conference.
- “Out of the Comfort Zone: Mistakes and Success.” 26 October 2018. VoiceAmerica.com. In this podcast, Skip Prichard talks about nine specific practices of those who ultimately succeed.
- “Book Review | The Book of Mistakes: 9 secrets to creating a successful future.” 2 October 2018. CNBCTV18. Skip Prichard’s book,The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future, is reviewed and recommended for purchase.
- “Book of Mistakes’ incorporates life lessons into story.” 7 September 2018. The Korea Times. This review describes the newly released Korean-language translation of Skip Prichard’s The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future as “a perfect read for those anxious about work, the future and other endeavors.”
- “Summer Reading 101: The Power You Didn’t Know Fiction Can Have on Your Business.” 4 May 2018. Entrepreneur Magazine. Skip Prichard writes about how reading a good novel can help improve your business and leadership skills.
- “When it Comes to Success, Your Friends are Just as Important as Your Skills.” 1 May 2018. Quartz at Work. Skip Prichard explains how surrounding yourself with the right people is essential to success.
- “Nine Mistakes People Make.” 25 April 2018. The Remarkable Leadership Podcast. In this podcast, Skip Prichard shares stories of mistakes we all make that limit our potential. He also talks about choices we need to make to reach where we want to go.
- “Best-Selling Author and CEO Skip Prichard Shares His Thoughts on Success and Mistakes.” 11 April 2018. CEO World Magazine. Skip Prichard shares his thoughts on his new book, entrepreneurship, and mistakes.
- “The Book of Mistakes: Author Interview with Skip Prichard.” 9 April 2018. Actionable Books Blog. In this Q&A, Skip Prichard answers five questions about his recently published book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “Treat Setbacks as a Learning Experience to Fuel Further Gains,” 20 March 2018. Investor's Business Daily. Skip Prichard is interviewed about how to recover from setbacks.
- “5 Common Career Mistakes that Can Sabotage Your Future.” 12 March 2018. Fast Company. In this interview, Skip Prichard identifies five common pitfalls that might be holding you back.
- “Leadership Techniques that Connect with Millennials.” 28 February 2018. ChiefExecutive.net. Skip Prichard suggests three leadership techniques to reach the younger workforce.
- “7 Cardinal Publishing Rules—and Why You Might Want to Break Them.” 28 February 2018. Writer’s Digest. Skip Prichard outlines the publishing rules he ignored or modified when publishing his first book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “OCLC's CEO Writes Book on Leadership and Success.” 22 February 2018. Information Today. Skip Prichard talks about his new book, which was listed as number 19 on Publishers Weekly’s National Hardcover Non-Fiction Bestsellers List and number eight on The Wall Street Journal's Hardcover Business Bestsellers List.
- “9 Mistakes Commonly Made but Rarely Addressed.” 19 February 2018. Forbes. In this Q&A, Skip Prichard talks about his research into the lives of successful CEOs, sports legends, and other imperfect people for his new book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “Best Business Communication Advice for 2018.” 13 February 2018. Forbes. Skip Prichard’s advice is featured among the top five best tips from industry leaders.
- “Avoid These Mistakes.” 13 February 2018. The Go-Giver Podcast. Skip Prichard is interviewed by author and speaker Bob Burg for The Go-Giver podcast.
- “3 Ancient Laws to Help Increase your Wealth This Year.” 8 February 2018. Inc. Skip Prichard reveals three underlying mindsets that enable financial success.
- “Why Mistakes Make Great Entrepreneurs.” 8 February 2018. Inc. Skip Prichard explains how mistakes are a wise teacher to anyone willing to stop, examine, and regroup.
- “Skip Prichard: What He’s Learned from His Mistakes.” 6 February 2018. Personal Branding Blog. Dan Schawbel interviews Skip Prichard on the Personal Branding Blog.
- “9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.” 6 February 2018. Read to Lead Podcast. Skip Prichard is interviewed by Jeff Brown, host of the popular Read to Lead podcast.
- “The One Mistake We All Make That Hinders Success.” 5 February 2018. LEADx. Kevin Kruse, of Leadx, interviews Skip Prichard about a key mistake that hinders success.
- “9 Secrets to Create a More Successful Future.” 5 February 2018. Forbes. Skip Prichard is interviewed in Forbes.
- “Create Your Successful Future By Avoiding These Mistakes.” 5 February 2018. LEADx. Skip Prichard discusses common mistakes to avoid in pursuit of success on The LeadX Leadership Podcast.
- “WSOU: Leadership (available free via iTunes).” 3 February 2018. Darrell W. Gunter interviews Skip Prichard about leadership and his new book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.” 1 February 2018. YouTube. Evan Carmichael interviews Skip Prichard about this new book on YouTube.
- “Make Your Future Successful.” February 2018. The Ziglar Show. Skip Prichard is interviewed on The Ziglar Show podcast about his new book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “Mistakes Leaders Make.” February 2018. Action Catalyst Blog. Skip Prichard is interviewed by Rory Vaden about leadership mistakes on The Action Catalyst weekly podcast.
- “9 Mistakes Leaders Make When Communicating.” 23 January 2018. MH&Co Magazine. Skip Prichard writes about mistakes to avoid when communicating your vision.
- “The Top 100 Leadership Speakers for 2018.” 11 January 2018. Inc. Skip Prichard is again named to Inc.’s list of the most innovative speakers in leadership.
- “Innovative Leaders Driving Thriving Organizations,” with Maureen Metcalf. 19 December 2017. Voice America radio program. Interview with Skip Prichard about leadership, success, and his new book, The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future.
- “Skip Prichard: Overcoming the Curse of Knowledge.” 13 December 2017. Shelf Awareness. Skip Prichard writes about shifting sides from publishing executive to the author experience.
- “Q&A: Skip Prichard: OCLC chief invested in sharing knowledge, leadership skills.” 25 November 2017. The Columbus Dispatch. Skip Prichard is interviewed about what OCLC does and how it serves libraries.
- “Profile: Skip Prichard, OCLC.” 20 November 2017. Columbus CEO. Skip Prichard talks about his tenure at OCLC and his passion for sharing information.
- “ALA 2017 Spotlight: Four Questions with Skip Prichard.” 17 June 2017. Publishers Weekly. Skip Prichard answers questions about publishing, libraries, and his new book.
- “8 Influencers Discuss Effective Leadership.” February 2017. Villanova University. Skip Prichard is featured as a leadership expert and explains his values, style and motivational techniques.
- “2016 Smart 50 specialty award winners.” 1 December 2016. Smart Business. Skip Prichard is named the 2016 sustainability winner by Smart Business for positioning OCLC for another 50 years of success.
- “Central Ohio’s Smart 50 Awards celebrate area’s top executives.” 3 October 2016. Smart Business. Skip Prichard is named one of the top 50 executives in central Ohio for creating a culture of innovation, impact and sustainability at OCLC.
- “OCLC: Purpose, Place, and People.” 15 August 2016. American Libraries. This article covers Skip Prichard’s presentation during the 82nd General Conference of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) in Columbus, Ohio.
- “Why I Love Columbus: We Reach Out, We Reach Across, We Reach Forward.” 3 August 2016. Columbus Chamber of Commerce, Why I Love Columbus feature. Skip Prichard describes what he loves most about living and working in Central Ohio.
- “Servant Leadership: Putting People First.” 17 February 2016. The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center blog. In this interview, Skip Prichard talks about how to build a people-centric organization and how that creates customer loyalty, employee retention, and higher sales and profits.
- “2015 Top Thought Leaders in TRUST.” Winter 2015. Trust!. Skip Prichard is named one of the top 20 thought leaders for 2015 in the importance of leadership and trust.
- “100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference.” 16 December 2014. Inc. Skip Prichard makes Inc.’s list of the top leadership speakers and trainers.
- “The 7 Attributes of CEOs Who Get Social Media.” 3 December 2014. Harvard Business Review. Skip Prichard is listed as a standout example of a social CEO who blogs on leadership and shares insights from his favorite authors—often with no direct benefit to him or his organization.
- “ATG Interviews Skip Prichard.” 18 July 2014. Against the Grain. Skip Prichard is interviewed about his first year as President and CEO of OCLC.
- “An Interview with Skip Prichard.” 1 October 2013. American Libraries. In this Q&A, Skip Prichard talks about his first impressions of OCLC and the challenges facing libraries and the OCLC cooperative. He also talks about his plans for the organization and his leadership style.
- “OCLC Names Skip Prichard President and CEO.” 16 May 2013. Publishers Weekly. Sandy Yee, Chair, OCLC Board of Trustees, announces that Skip Prichard will become OCLC’s fifth President and CEO on 1 July 2013.
- “Ingram Content buys facilities in two states, inks licensing deal.” 23 March 2012. Nashville Post. In this article, Skip Prichard explains how these transactions expand the print-on-demand solution for Ingram Content Group.
- “Enjoy Every Sandwich Wins Books for a Better Life Award for Inspirational Memoir!” 13 March 2012. Books for Better Living. Skip Prichard is inducted into the Awards Hall of Fame during the 16th annual Books for a Better Life Awards ceremony at the Times Center in New York City.
- “How Will We Read? The Book Makers.” 22 December 2011. The Huffington Post. In this Q&A, Skip Prichard talks about the future of publishing and reading.
- “Media & Publishing.” 7 April 2011. Nashville Post. Skip Prichard is named as one of top 15 executives in middle Tennessee who are the region’s business and political power brokers reshaping Music City.
- “Now What? Embracing New Models and Rethinking the Old...” 15 February 2011. O’Reilly’s Tools of Change for Publishing conference. In this video presentation, Skip Prichard outlines the rapid and seismic changes in content format and delivery that are reshaping the publishing industry.
- “O’Reilly Tools of Change—Keynote with Skip Prichard.” 15 February 2011. No Shelf Required. This article is a summary of Skip Prichard’s presentation at the O’Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing conference.
- “Struggling Borders to Meet with Publishers.” 3 January 2011. New York Times. Skip Prichard is interviewed as an expert in bookselling and asked to comment on Borders.
- “Ingram launches VitalSource Bookshelf Application for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.” 28 September 2010. No Shelf Required. Skip Prichard announces that the VitalSource e-textbook platform from Ingram Content Group now supports access by these devices.
- “Lightning Source Heads Down Under.” 22 September 2010. No Shelf Required. Skip Prichard announces that Ingram Content Group Inc. will expand its presence in the Asia-Pacific market by establishing a full-scale Lightning Source print-on-demand book manufacturing operation in Australia.
- “Ingram expands in Australia.” 23 September 2010. Nashville Post. Skip Prichard announces the expansion of Ingram Content Group into Australia.
- “Macmillan to Use Ingram’s print-on-demand service.” 21 September 2010. No Shelf Required. Skip Prichard announces that Ingram Content Group will integrate Ingram’s print-on-demand (POD) and fulfillment capability with Macmillan’s publishing program.
- “The Future of Books: CEO Ingram Skip Prichard Feels Confident.” 28 July 2010. The Daily Beast. In this article, Skip Prichard says that books of all sorts are here to stay and that people will embrace changing technologies—and keep on reading.
- “Lightning Source, PediaPress Team to Produce Custom Wiki Books.” 11 June 2010. Publishers Weekly. Skip Prichard announces a new partnership that brings Ingram Content Group’s print-on-demand manufacturing and distribution to PediaPress in order to create customized books.
- “BEA: CEOs Speak Up.” 26 May 2010. Shelf Awareness. Skip Prichard is quoted on trends in the publishing and book industry.
- “The Value of a Book.” 25 May 2010. C-SPAN. In this video from Book Expo America, Skip Prichard participates in a panel discussion on the current and future state of the publishing industry with CEOs from several other publishing houses and trade organizations.
- “TOC—Tools of Change Keynote Speakers.” 23 February 2010. No Shelf Required. This article reports on Skip Prichard’s keynote at the Tools of Change conference.
- “ATG Interviews Skip Prichard.” November 2008. Against the Grain. As President and CEO of Ingram Book Group, Skip Prichard answers questions about strategy, acquisitions, ebooks, and technology in this wide-ranging Q&A interview.
- “David 'Skip' Prichard, President and CEO, Ingram Book Group.” April 2008. Information Today. Skip Prichard talks about how digital content is opening up new avenues for the publishing industry and getting information to the masses.
- “ProQuest to sell subsidiary to Maryland company for $222 million.” 15 December 2006. Crain’s Detroit Business. Skip Prichard announces that ProQuest Information and Learning Co. will be sold to Cambridge Information Group and combined with one of its subsidiaries to form a new, independent company.
- “The Ultimately Accountable Job: Leading Today’s Sales Organization.” July–August 2006 issue. Harvard Business Review. Skip Prichard is quoted in this article about the role of senior management in helping an organization’s sales team with customer relationships.