Reúna-se com a cooperativa OCLC on-line ou pessoalmente. Oferecemos diversos eventos físicos e virtuais para diferentes níveis de envolvimento e conforto. Você pode decidir o que é melhor com base no que precisa saber. Use esta lista para se manter informado sobre reuniões, conferências, eventos e webinars futuros que a OCLC planeja organizar ou participar.
17 Setembro 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.
24 Setembro 2015
Access to OCLC FirstSearch will end in December 2015.
24 Setembro 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how you can streamline all of your circulation tasks through a single, Web-based interface. You’ll also learn how your library operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smartphone or device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can more easily complete tasks, such as inventory, because you carry out the tasks in your library’s stacks.
Circulation: You will see how to easily use the account management functions, including check-in, check-out and renewals, as well as integrated hold and fine management. We will demonstrate how the services track availability and holds in real time, enabling you to generate a pull list on demand.
Course Reserves: You will see how easy it is for anyone, including student workers, to create and duplicate a list, and store everything electronically.
30 Setembro 2015
During this 45-minute detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services (WMS), you will learn how WMS offers cooperative workflows through a Web-based interface and how it can simplify your print serials management. Join this webinar to:
- Learn how your library can save staff time by utilizing cooperatively managed publication patterns
- See how your library can discover missing items by knowing when other libraries have received an issue that your library has not
- Learn how to simplify the renewal process for your print serial subscriptions
- Discover how the services simplify the task of including physical serials in your library’s A-Z list
- Explore the value of having all your library’s holdings in MARC 21 Format for Holding Data (MFHD).
14 Outubro 2015
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections: A demo of WorldCat Discovery Services and WMS
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldCat Discovery Services, including how they work with WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how you can provide your end users with single-search access to your library’s full array of resources–electronic, print and digital
- Understand how your library can gain more visibility on the Web through OCLC's partnerships with leading search engines and popular sites
- Learn how staff and users can choose from integrated delivery options, including linking to full text through built-in link resolutions and an A to Z list, linking to your OPAC and requesting items via consortial borrowing systems or interlibrary loan
- Hear how simple these OCLC services are to configure and maintain, and how they build on OCLC services your library already may use.
21 Outubro 2015
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
04 Novembro 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration, you will see how WorldShare Management Services:
- Help your library simplify your electronic resources management workflows
- Improve discovery and access of your library’s e-resources, including e-books, e-journal packages, databases and open access collections
- Free you from the restrictions of local hardware and software, and provide more time to focus on serving your users and community.
17 Novembro 2015
Managing your licenses and e-resources: A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management: (1) knowledge about licenses that govern their purchase and use, and (2) knowledge base and linking technology that connect users to needed content in a single place.
License Manager: You will see how to reduce the complexity of managing all of your licenses and how you can eliminate the need to synchronize data across multiple interfaces to manage license agreements, rights, access and resolution to full text.
WorldCat knowledge base: You will see how the knowledge base provides comprehensive data about the e-resources of member libraries, automatically updating records in WorldCat, thus giving instant access to licensed resources for users. Also, you will see there is no additional necessary uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogs.