Connect, engage and share
OCLC Member Forums: Come join the conversation in 2016
Now, more than ever, libraries are seeking ways to work more efficiently in a constantly changing landscape. How have you met this challenge? How can OCLC products, services and cooperation help?
This year, hear how your colleagues are leveraging the power of the WorldShare platform to improve workflows and increase library efficiencies. You will hear about what’s new at OCLC, learn how OCLC’s Community Center can keep you informed and engaged year round, and have the opportunity to participate in a training session. Additionally, the Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia forums will feature concurrent sessions for OCLC Research Library Partners (RLP).
Come and connect with your colleagues and OCLC staff!
Here's an overview of the day's agenda:
- Registration, beginning at 9:00 am local time
- Welcome and OCLC update
- Member panel discussion on efficiencies
- OCLC Community Center overview
- OCLC training session
- Closing remarks and adjourn by 4:00 pm local time
Registration is open to all OCLC member institutions. Choose a link below to register for a Forum near you.
- September 21: Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service, Salem, Oregon, US
- September 28: San Jacinto College, Pasadena, Texas, US
- October 6: George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, US
- October 13: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, US
- October 21: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, US
- October 21: Troy University Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama, US
- October 24: University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, US — includes RLP session
- October 27: University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, US — includes RLP session
- November 4: Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- November 10: Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts, US
- December 14: Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US — includes RLP session
- December 16: University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
In addition to our forums in the Americas, OCLC will also host three Member Forums in Europe. Learn more and register for a European OCLC Member Forum.
- October 26: Sheraton Hotel Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
- October 27: The Royal Library/Copenhagen University Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- November 1: University of Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Want to learn more about the Member Forums? Check out our After-party site to see photos, links to presentations and conversations from last year’s events.
Follow us on Twitter: #oclcforum
"Thank you for coming and listening to us!"
—2015 Member Forum Participant, Atlanta, Georgia
"Wonderful forum, the information sharing from all sides was fabulous!"
—2015 Member Forum Participant, Washington, D.C.