Connect, engage and share
OCLC Member Forums: Come join the conversation in 2016
The library landscape is fast-moving and ever-changing, and efficiency is key to navigating the challenges ahead. During this year’s OCLC Member Forums, member colleagues will describe how they are leveraging the power of OCLC products and services and the WorldShare platform to improve workflows and increase library efficiencies. You will also find out what’s new at OCLC, learn how OCLC’s Community Center can keep you informed and engaged year round, and participate in one of three training sessions.
New in 2016
We are pleased to announce that three OCLC Member Forums, Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia, will include a concurrent program for OCLC Research Library Partners (RLP). Significant areas of research interests that make up the OCLC Research Library Partnership, including the ILL Cost Calculator, Web Archiving Metadata and best practices, and Research Information Management, will be highlighted. The program is open to all RLP members, and non-members are welcome to attend as space allows.
Come and connect with your colleagues and OCLC staff!
Here's an overview of the day's agenda:
- Registration and Light Breakfast, beginning at 9:00 am local time
- Welcome and OCLC update
- Presentation by an OCLC Executive or Subject Specialist
- Member Panel Discussion on Efficiencies (or a concurrent OCLC RLP program in select cities)
- OCLC Community Center overview
- OCLC training session
- Closing remarks and adjourn by 4:00 pm local time
Registration is open to all OCLC member institutions. Choose a link below to register for a Forum near you.
- September 21: Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service, Salem, Oregon, US
- September 28: San Jacinto College, Pasadena, Texas, US
- October 6: George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, US
- October 13: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, US
- October 21: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, US
- October 21: Troy University Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama, US
- October 24: University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, US — includes RLP session
- October 27: University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, US — includes RLP session
- November 4: Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- November 10: Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts, US
- December 14: Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US — includes RLP session
- December 16: University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
In addition to our forums in the Americas, OCLC will also host a Member Forum in the UK. Learn more and register for this OCLC Member Forum.
- November 1: University of Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Discover more about the Member Forums Check out our After-party site to see photos, links to presentations, and resources from last year’s forums and watch the site as we add to it after each event this year.
Follow us on Twitter: #oclcforum
But wait, there's more!
See highlights from OCLC Member Forums happening across the globe. Join the after party!
"Thank you for coming and listening to us!"
—2015 Member Forum Participant, Atlanta, Georgia
"Wonderful forum, the information sharing from all sides was fabulous!"
—2015 Member Forum Participant, Washington, D.C.