Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
11 August 2015
During this one-hour demonstration, you will:
- Hear how CONTENTdm makes it easier to manage your digital collections and makes them discoverable on the Web
- Learn the benefits of CONTENTdm and see examples of how current libraries, archives, museums and other cultural heritage institutions are using the service.
13 August 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration, you will see how WorldShare Management Services:
- Help your library simplify your electronic resources management workflows
- Improve discovery and access of your library’s e-resources, including e-books, e-journal packages, databases and open access collections
- Free you from the restrictions of local hardware and software, and provide more time to focus on serving your users and community.
19 August 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- Get a first-hand look at how your library can save time in your acquisitions workflows
- See how all physical and electronic acquisitions functions are available from one Web-based interface, eliminating the need to go back and forth between multiple systems
- Learn how you can access WorldCat, knowledge base and vendor data easily, as well as leverage the shared work of libraries and share vendor information.
20 August 2015
Watch this 30-minute webinar with a guest presenter from the H.M. Fishbon Memorial Library at UCSF Medical Center, Mount Zion in California. Laura Olson, Web Librarian, will share her library’s experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why the H.M. Fishbon Memorial Library chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is creating efficiencies for staff, faculty, students and patients
- Explore how WMS has enabled staff to spend less time managing systems so they can focus on other priorities.
There will be plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions for Laura.
25 August 2015
Managing your licenses and e-resources: A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management: (1) knowledge about licenses that govern their purchase and use, and (2) knowledge base and linking technology that connect users to needed content in a single place.
License Manager: You will see how to reduce the complexity of managing all of your licenses and how you can eliminate the need to synchronize data across multiple interfaces to manage license agreements, rights, access and resolution to full text.
WorldCat knowledge base: You will see how the knowledge base provides comprehensive data about the e-resources of member libraries, automatically updating records in WorldCat, thus giving instant access to licensed resources for users. Also, you will see there is no additional necessary uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogs.
26 August 2015
Find resources from your library and libraries worldwide.
27 August 2015
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
10 September 2015
Join your colleagues for a day of robust discussions about the OCLC services you use.
17 September 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.
This list includes all OCLC Research events that are open to the public. An all-inclusive list of OCLC Research events, including events exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, as well as recent events and outputs, is available on the OCLC Research events page.
11 August 2015
Webinar: The Archival Advantage: Integrating Archival Expertise into Management of Born-digital Library Materials
Attend this webinar to learn how to take advantage of your archivists’ skills and make your digital library better.
12 August 2015
Exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners
OCLC Research Library Partners are invited to take a closer look at how the Google Knowledge Vault idea applies to a vault of library knowledge. #orlp
21 October 2015 - 22 October 2015
Exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, this meeting will present information about how ethnography and design thinking can help to bring insights into the life of the user, outside the library that can help us to think about providing more meaningful support based on what students and others really do, the importance and significance of convenience and satisficing, and the importance of understanding real and not imagined workflows. #orlp
WebJunction webinars are live audiovisual programs that are conducted online via WebEx web conferencing. Anyone who has an Internet connection can participate, listening to the audio broadcast through speakers or headset, or via phone. These free events allow you to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners.
13 August 2015
This webinar will highlight free, newly revised downloadable materials for public libraries that can grow your team’s advocacy knowledge and abilities.
18 August 2015
A webinar with the Belgrade Community Library, winner of Library Journal's 2015 Best Small Library in America Award.
10 September 2015
This webinar will explore ways to use healthy communication skills to address conflict and proactively contribute to a happier workplace.
15 September 2015
In this webinar, learn about Storytime Underground, a free and open online community for storytime providers everywhere to connect, share, and learn new skills.