OCLC offers two versions of EZproxy: a hosted version that OCLC maintains for you and a stand-alone version that your library manages.
- EZproxy hosted service includes all of the hardware and software components needed as well as all back-ups, security certificates, automatic system and software upgrades, defined customization services, and implementation.
- The stand-alone version is available for servers that run Linux or Windows®.
Not sure which version is right for you? Complete this questionnaire to start the conversation.
Easy migration to hosted for current stand-alone customers
Learn more about the EZproxy hosted service
OCLC can provide a completely hosted solution for EZproxy customers. This optional service includes all of the hardware and software components needed as well as all back-ups, security certificates, automatic system and software upgrades, and 10 hours of customization and implementation time. Whether you need some extra help setting up EZproxy or require off-site hosting of the servers, OCLC gives you solid support through the hosted option.
The benefits of using hosting include:
- Gain 24/7 reliability for e-content access.
- Take advantage of turn-key service and easy migration to hosted from stand-alone.
- Receive monthly automated stanza updates, eliminating need to manage and edit config file locally.
- Able to do self‑service uploads of user account updates.
- Add new database access in a matter of days.
- Determine any compromised accounts with routine security analysis.
- Receive regular usage reports to help you know what resources are the most popular outside the library.
- Stay current with EZproxy upgrades and enhancements.
- Gain peace of mind as user information is maintained in a secure environment (institutional security certificate supplied).
- Receive 24/7 onsite monitoring of hosting hardware and software within OCLC's climate-controlled and restricted-access computer facility.
- Free IT staff for other critical tasks since EZproxy hosted service requires minimal support.
- Save on servers and space, eliminating the need for additional investment in locally maintained hardware.
EZproxy hosted service is available for current and new EZproxy users
If you are a current (stand-alone) EZproxy user, OCLC will use your current configuration files and update them with standard logging, security and port settings. Institutional administrators can request EZproxy administrative rights for monitoring, if desired. OCLC staff members will assist you in your migration from stand-alone to hosted EZproxy.
For libraries new to EZproxy, up to 10 hours of initial configuration time is included in the first year's subscription. This time is designated to set up a completely new configuration.
For all EZproxy hosted service users, pricing includes support for standard configuration change requests and ongoing support throughout your subscription.
- Standard configuration change requests are single requests that will take fewer than 10 hours to accomplish.
- Complex configuration changes are single requests that will take more than 10 hours to accomplish and are anticipated to be rare occurrences.
- If you have a complex configuration request, OCLC staff members will review it with you beforehand and will discuss the anticipated additional configuration hours that may be needed and what hourly rates might be involved.
EZproxy access and authentication software allows your library to deliver e-content simply and effectively. EZproxy facilitates a single sign-in to e-content using existing library-issued credentials, such as a library card number and PIN or username and password.
10 September 2019
OCLC auf dem Bibliothekartag in Graz
11 June 2019
01 May 2019