With WorldShare Collection Evaluation, you can:
Collection Evaluation provides easy-to-interpret data analyses and a task-oriented interface that helps library staff visualize the data presented, making it easier to make tough collection management decisions during the course of routine library workflows. Detailed title information, subject analyses, peer holdings and local circulation data are also provided.
Determine if your collection can support accreditation curriculum by comparing it to other libraries with similar programs. Collection Evaluation allows you to answer:
- What content do other institutions with similar programs hold?
- Where do I have weaknesses to address?
- How current is my collection?
- How heavily are these resources used?
Collection Evaluation provides analysis showing how your resources compare against:
- a single peer institution;
- a group of up to 50 peer libraries;
- a variety of predefined groups defined by library type, geographic location, specialization, ARL status, ranking and more; and
- authoritative lists that provide access to recommended or highlighted lists, such as Choice, Booklist, Doody's, Library Journal, Publisher's Weekly and School Library Journal.
You can choose the most appropriate comparison for the analysis you're doing. Collection Evaluation also provides flexible export options so you can use your data for offline analysis and reuse.
Integration with WorldShare Management Services (WMS)
WMS libraries will see a new Analytics tab, which automatically includes circulation and holdings to make data-driven decisions for deselection, accreditation and acquisitions.
WorldShare Collection Evaluation compares your library collections to those of another library, a peer group or a benchmark library group to analyze the strength of your discipline-specific resources and to support decisions about what to buy, license or borrow.