Take a Look: Updated VIAF API Documentation
17 July 2014
As we were preparing for today's (free) VIAF API Workshop - at 1pm ET - we decided it would be a good opportunity to do a thorough review of the documentation. Working closely with Ralph LeVan, we've made some significant changes to the VIAF API documentation so that you can get a better understanding of how the API works and all of the operations it supports.
Here are some particular areas you might want to check out:
- Authority Cluster documentation coverage now includes Identify, Linked Data, Get Record, SRU Search, SRU Browse and Auto Suggest methods.
- Authority Source documentation includes Get Record, SRU Search and SRU Browse methods.
- Updated tables for Response Codes, Authority Sources, etc.
- A more comprehensive treatment of SRU searching and indexes.
- New and updated example URLs throughout, coordinated with the API Explorer.
You'll also see those changes reflected in the API Explorer, so you can take it for a pretty thorough test drive.
Drop us a note and let us know what you think!