Find the essential details you need to use our web services, from eligibility to authentication patterns and technical documentation, to building enhanced services and solutions to everyday problems.
WorldCat® Discovery Premium API package
Build and customize a full-featured discovery layer, enrich the discovery of collections on your website, and extend discovery to other websites, systems, and devices.
WorldCat Discovery API
Find search results from both WorldCat and WorldCat Discovery central index data in custom applications and interfaces.
New Titles API
Curate and display materials that libraries have recently cataloged or set WorldCat holdings.
Access Options API
Embed options for obtaining needed items, like e-resources and open access materials, in end user search results.
Automate citation creation in applications via use of values like OCLC number, ISBN, and ISSN.
Library Profiles API
Help end users obtain the resources they discover in searches by surfacing library profile information like location and contact details.
Help end users find materials more easily with automatic suggestions for alternate and preferred vocabulary and search terms.
Support uses cases like class reading lists, course reserves, and weeding projects with lists of library materials.
Our API philosophy
- APIs are treated like products and are fundamental to OCLC's product strategy
- API naming, authorization, and other components must be consistent
- API use cases span all library areas and workflows
Our API ecosystem
- Partner applications and integrations
- Library community applications
- OCLC applications
- Provide the flexibility to optimize workflows
- Create opportunities to extend the library reach
- Drive and sustain library community innovation