Surface both WorldCat and WorldCat Discovery central index data in search results and add modern search functionality like browsing and filtering.
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: No
What You Get
The Discovery API allows you to surface both WorldCat and WorldCat Discovery central index data in search results, including:
- Materials held by your library and local/regional consortia
- The global "collective collection" of all libraries around the world
- E-resource data for articles, e-books, databases and digital items
It also enables a modern and intuitive search experience with browsability, facets, filtering, preferred language, and the same relevance and database configuration as WorldCat Discovery.
This API is part of the WorldCat Discovery Premium API package that allows you to build and customize a full-featured discovery layer, enrich the discovery of collections on your website, and extend discovery to other websites, systems, and devices. Other APIs included in this package:
Who Can Use It
- Libraries that maintain a WorldCat Discovery Premium subscription
- Libraries that maintain a WorldShare Management Services (WMS) subscription
This web service has no recent news items.