OCLC Cataloging Community Meeting
This virtual community event provides an opportunity to hear about important work by community members and learn about OCLC cataloging and metadata services.
Join us Friday, June 9 for our semi-annual Cataloging Community Meeting. During this free, virtual event, cataloging community members will provide updates on recent and forthcoming initiatives to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in library metadata. Following the DEI presentations, OCLC staff will discuss updates on cataloging products and services as well as WorldCat metadata quality.
This event is a unique opportunity to engage with the panelists, OCLC staff, and your fellow cataloging community members! Questions are encouraged. Register now to get the full recording after the event.
- The U.S. Board on Geographic Names – An Overview of the Processes for Approving Geographic Names for Federal Use | Betsy Kanalley, Geospatial Products and Services Program Manager, USDA Forest Service
- Reparative Geographic Name Changes: Case Studies in Cataloging | Kate James, Program Coordinator, Metadata Engagement, OCLC
- Queering the Catalog: SACO Gender and Sexuality Funnel | Margaret Breidenbaugh, Library Specialist, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College | Maya Espersen, Cataloging Coordinator, Aurora Public Library (Colorado)
- Rapid Harm Reduction Through Locally Defined Subjects in WorldCat Discovery | Grace McGann, Associate Product Manager, Delivery Services, OCLC
OCLC cataloging update
- Hear from OCLC metadata & digital services staff about the latest developments in OCLC cataloging services.
OCLC data quality update
- OCLC metadata quality staff will discuss ongoing metadata quality work.
09 Juni 2023
2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]