OCLC Cataloging Community Meeting
This virtual community event provides an opportunity to hear about important work by community members and learn about OCLC cataloging and metadata services.
This semi-annual virtual gathering offers ample opportunity for questions and conversations with participants. During the first hour, we'll discuss efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as our collective work toward more respectful and inclusive description. After a short break, we'll discuss updates to OCLC cataloging and metadata services, WorldCat quality initiatives, and much more.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion presentations
- Adrian Williams (University of Kentucky), Using the Homosaurus LGBTQ+ vocabulary in both OCLC Connexion and in the local catalog
- Misty Alvaro (Columbus Metropolitan Library), DEI in public library consortia: Trusting, collaborating, and thriving
- Cynthia Whitacre (OCLC), OCLC Metadata DEI
OCLC cataloging update
- OCLC metadata services update -- David Whitehair (OCLC)
- WorldShare Record Manager -- John Chapman (OCLC), Petra Löffel (OCLC)
- WorldShare Collection Manager -- Cindi Blyberg (OCLC)
- Marcie Burton (UNC Greensboro), Automatic holding feeds: Set it and forget it
- OCLC metadata quality update
- Featuring a presentation by Robert Bremer (OCLC) on the changes for the Aliens to Noncitizens Library of Congress Subject Headings in WorldCat
- Questions for OCLC
The meeting will be recorded, and we will share the recording with all registrants.