WorldCat cataloging partners
Publishers and material vendors: Partner with OCLC and offer your customers a unique value-added service that will get you noticed. Our four vendor-prompted cataloging programs (below) enable your customers to obtain corresponding WorldCat bibliographic records at the same time they receive ordered materials.
Each program includes options to set the library's ownership information on the WorldCat records. If the library also subscribes to WorldCat as part of our FirstSearch reference service, their copy of that title can be found on Web search engines such as Yahoo! and Google, through WorldCat.org
Help your customers spend less time handling new titles and searching for cataloging records. They'll appreciate it!
WorldCat Cataloging Partners Vendors Program
- Libraries place their orders through OCLC's WorldCat Cataloging Partners copy-cataloging service
- Vendors send a copy of the manifest to OCLC for matching against WorldCat
- OCLC simultaneously provides WorldCat records when your physical shipment arrives
- Optionally, you can deliver materials in "shelf-ready" form using labels from the WorldCat Cataloging Partners service
- Your customers can significantly reduce their cataloging costs
Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus Service
- The Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus service consists of materials and OCLC WorldCat catalog records from Baker & Taylor/YBP.
- Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus is available to OCLC member libraries and libraries using CatExpress who have a current OCLC Cataloging or CatExpress subscription.
- Libraries order the service—new materials and the accompanying catalog records—from Baker & Taylor/YBP. Please contact your Baker & Taylor/YBP Sales Consultant for ordering information.
- Holdings are set in WorldCat based upon weekly batch file updates from Baker & Taylor/YBP.
- The library’s OCLC Regional Service Provider will bill the library for the OCLC Cataloging (or CatExpress) subscription, as well as the Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus subscription which covers the catalog records and Baker & Taylor/YBP processing fees. Billing for the library materials is done by Baker & Taylor/YBP.
- For an additional fee, libraries have the option of receiving records for 100% of the new materials obtained through Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus.
- Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus delivers the WorldCat catalog records to the libraries along with the materials.
- Baker & Taylor/YBP Cataloging Plus offers shelf-ready options.
Baker & Taylor
Bob Rotello, VP Public Sales
Mark Kendall, Senior Vice President, Sales, YBP Library Services
Marcadia ® cataloging service from Backstage Library Works
Marcadia provides automated cataloging that's inexpensive, fast, and flexible.
Created with input from technical services and system librarians at 13 major academic and public libraries, it's easily customized to suit your needs. Marcadia can help eliminate persistent backlogs, efficiently handle collections needing reclassification, and help compensate for cuts in cataloging staff.
Marcadia uses your brief records transmitted via FTP to search OCLC WorldCat and "filter" multiple hits using a customized profile you create to suit your specific cataloging needs. Matches are merged with selected holdings and other local fields of your choice from your original records, and are returned via FTP, ready for your local system.