Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: efforts to bridge the gap
View this on-demand webinar to hear a panel discussion about the EDI efforts taking place at three UK institutions
Cet évènement est sur demande.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) extend across many areas of librarianship, from staffing to collections and beyond. Recently, OCLC Research brought together community representatives to discuss practices, increase understanding, and support libraries as they implement and evaluate EDI initiatives.
View this on-demand webinar to hear the panel discussion and to learn about the EDI efforts taking place at three UK institutions – University of East London, Sheffield Hallam University, and SOAS. The speakers share the experiences and challenges they are facing, as well as the importance of building trust and achieving buy in from stakeholders across the institution. They will also explore external partnerships and meaningful measurements.
Our speakers included:
- Regina Everitt, Assistant COO (Service Excellence) and Director of Library, Archives, and Learning Services, University of East London
- Claudia Mendias, Head of Research Innovation and Enterprise, SOAS
- Dr. Claire Walsh, Head of Academic Development and Inclusivity, Sheffield Hallam University
- Merrilee Proffitt, Senior Manager, OCLC Research Library Partnership
- Mercy Procaccini, Program Officer, OCLC Research
The recording of the webinar is now available to view, alongside the slides from the session:
- OCLC and EDI - Merrilee Profitt and Mercy Procaccini
- Sheffield Hallam University - Dr. Claire Walsh
- UEL Libraries + Race Equality Charter (REC) - Regina Everitt
- Beyond Access EDI considerations and initiatives - Claudia Mendias
During the webinar, participants were asked the question, what are you doing in your institution to “bridge the gap”? The responses were collated on a Word Wall, which is also now available to view.
Visionner le webinaire enregistré
04 mars 2021
15:00 – 16:30
Greenwich Mean Time [UTC +0]