Analyze your library or group collection
to manage and share print monographs
Visualize and model your collection
GreenGlass helps your library or group manage print monograph collections and, by extension, the valuable space these collections occupy. GreenGlass is a web application that allows you to:
- Make informed, evidence-based decisions on which titles to deselect, retain, digitize, and transfer to remote storage or special collections
- Explore and visualize your collection in the context of the collective collection
- Quickly model deselection and print management scenarios
- Generate custom reports and lists to support collection management and shared print activities
Driven by the shift from print to digital formats, competing demands for library space, and the shrinking need and capacity to support long-term print, libraries increasingly share the responsibility and cost of managing their print collections with other libraries. GreenGlass provides you with actionable data to make informed decisions to protect the scholarly record.
- Powerful collection management solution for all library sizes and types
- Intuitive interface that doesn’t require training or technical expertise to use
- Unique visualization tool for analyzing and modeling collections
- Flexible to allow individual libraries or groups to build a shared print initiative
GreenGlass is trusted by hundreds of libraries in five countries to support shared print initiatives and inform collection management decisions.
Responsibly draw down monograph collections
As a deselection tool, GreenGlass enables you to carefully manage the drawdown of your library's low-use print monograph collections while supporting shared print archiving efforts. GreenGlass combines local circulation and item data with WorldCat® holdings, HathiTrust Digital Library holdings, and authoritative title lists. The result: cost-effective, evidence-based decisions.
GreenGlass is a purpose-built, interactive application that allows you to explore your print collection and manage, share, archive, or remove monographs to transform valuable library space.
Available in the Americas, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the United Kingdom
Watch this space for upcoming GreenGlass events.
25 June 2020
21 May 2020
14 April 2020
Watch this space for more GreenGlass news.