WorldShare Identity Management API
View and edit user data used by OCLC's systems
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
What you get
- Ability to search users by barcode or correlation information
- Ability to add or update user information in the system
- Basic shared metadata about the user
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Metadata about the user related to WorldShare Management Circulation user profile details
- Metadata about the user related to WorldShare ILL and Tipasa user profile details
Who can use it
Production access is available for libraries that subscribe to WorldShare Management Services. Sandbox access is available to a test institution.
To request a WorldShare Identity Management API WSKey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. WSKeys for this API cannot be requested via OCLC WSKey Management.
Authentication & Authorization
The WMS APIs supports the WSKey Access Token pattern.
Worldshare Identity Management API requests require attribution to a WorldShare user with a valid permissions to interact with user data. Details about on user-level authorization are available in the authentication and authorization overview.