WorldCat Metadata API
Improve the quality and comprehensiveness of your collection.
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
This service allows libraries to write MARCXML bibliographic records to WorldCat, either as new records or updated records that are replacing existing records. Existing WorldCat bibliographic records can be accessed with search and read operations. The API enables an institution to set and delete its holdings on WorldCat bibliographic records, and retrieve its own local holdings records as well as retained local holdings records. Local bibliographic data records can be created, read, updated, and deleted.
What you get
- Keep local data synchronized with the cooperative.
- Dynamic discovery of shared print retention data.
- Enhance local metadata descriptions.
- Showcase your unique local materials.
- Expose your cataloguing expertise to the cooperative.
Who can use it
- Libraries that maintain a OCLC Cataloging and Metadata subscription (full cataloging)