WorldCat Metadata API
Improve the quality and comprehensiveness of your collection.
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
This service allows libraries to search, retrieve and maintain their bibliographic, local bibliographic, holdings, and local holdings data in WorldCat. Additionally, libraries can search for and view summary holdings and shared print retention information from members throughout the cooperative.
What you get
- Keep local data synchronized with the cooperative.
- Dynamic discovery of shared print retention data.
- Enhance local metadata descriptions.
- Maintain shared print commitments
- Share detailed local holdings information with the cooperative
- Showcase your unique local materials.
- Expose your cataloguing expertise to the cooperative.
Who can use it
- Libraries that maintain a OCLC Cataloging and Metadata subscription (full cataloging)