Providing for OCLC employees and their families
OCLC provides a rich package of benefits designed to foster the well-being of our employees and their families. From medical plans and wellness programs to life insurance, OCLC offers a comprehensive and flexible range of options to customize a plan that best fits your needs and the needs of your family.
Medical Plan Options
Two plan options are currently offered to eligible full-time and part-time employees and their families through United Healthcare (UHC). Coverage is effective for enrollees on the first day of employment:
- Preferred Provider Organization Plan (UHC's 'Choice Plus' Network) - This plan provides benefits for both in-network and out-of-network care. Each time care is received you decide whether to see an in-network or out-of-network provider, however, to receive a higher level of coverage (90 percent after deductible), a network provider should be utilized.
- Exclusive Provider Organization Plan (UHC's 'Select' Network) - This plan provides benefits for in-network care only; no benefits are paid if you utilize a non-network provider (except in the case of an emergency). Many services are either paid at 100 percent or have a modest copay.
OCLC's medical plan requires your spouse or domestic partner to enroll in his/her employer's medical plan if employed on a full-time basis and eligible for coverage. You may also enroll him/her in OCLC’s medical plan; however, OCLC's coverage will be secondary. This provision applies to the medical plan only, not the dental or vision plans.
OCLC provides a national award winning wellness program which includes an environment with resources that promote health awareness and education. We are very proud of our program and the benefits it provides to you and your family.
Employees can earn up to $650 in premium reductions annually through participation in wellness activities including; health risk assessments, health screenings, tobacco-free status (or through participation in our Tobacco Cessation Program), and a Quarterly Rewards Program.
In addition, OCLC offers the following wellness services for you and your family:
- 24 – Hour NurseLine
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness Center (for Dublin office employees); and fitness reimbursement up to $400/year for regional employees
- Diabetes Prevention Program (in partnership with United Healthcare and the YMCA)
- Diabetes Control Program (in partnership with several national retail pharmacies)
- Treatment Decision Support and Disease Management
- Healthy Pregnancy Program
- And many more!
A comprehensive dental plan is available on the first day of employment to eligible full-time and part-time employees and their families through Delta Dental. Benefits are determined based on the service provided but range from 50 percent to 100 percent.
Two options are currently offered to eligible full-time and part-time employees and their families through Vision Service Plan (VSP):
- Eye-Exam Plus Plan, which covers an annual eye exam plus discounts on materials
- Full-Service Buy-up Plan, which covers an annual eye exam and benefits for materials such as lenses, frames and contacts.
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
OCLC provides coverage for full-time employees equal to three times base annual salary for both life and AD&D coverage, with the ability to enroll in optional life insurance for themselves and their dependents at various levels for an additional premium. Eligible part-time employees receive $25,000 in coverage.
OCLC offers three programs to assist employees in savings for retirement:
- Matching Thrift Plan. Employees are eligible to participate upon hire and may elect to contribute up to 25 percent of monthly pay on a pre-tax or after-tax basis; highly compensated employees (based on IRS definition) may only contribute up to 7%. New employees are automatically enrolled at six percent. OCLC matches the employee's contribution on the first six percent of the annual base compensation at a rate of 35 percent, which will be vested at a rate of 20 percent per year of service until it is fully vested after five years.
- Supplemental 403(b) Plan. Employees are eligible to participate upon hire to supplement savings beyond the Matching Thrift Plan. Contribution amounts are based on the maximum allowable contribution under the IRS code.
- OCLC Retirement (Defined Contribution) Plan. After two years of eligible employment, employees are automatically enrolled in this plan. OCLC contributes 7.15 percent of the employee’s base pay (12.85 percent of the base salary amount exceeding the Social Security Wage Base). All contributions are immediately vested.
Eligible full-time employees may be reimbursed for tuition costs up to a maximum of $5,250 per year for courses of study that fits OCLC business needs.
Holidays and personal days
OCLC observes seven paid holidays per year. In addition, full-time employees receive four personal leave days per year (one per quarter), while eligible part-time employees receive two days per year (January and July of each year).
Eligible full-time and part-time employees are eligible for vacation. Vacation hours are accrued monthly for each full calendar month of employment. The yearly vacation accrual schedule for an employee working 40 hours per week is:
- Two weeks through the completion of three years of service,
- Three weeks after three years of service through the completion of six years of service, and
- Four weeks after the completion of six years of service.
The accrual schedule above is different for employees who work a schedule other than 40 hours per week.
Full-time employees are eligible for sick leave. Sick leave hours are accrued monthly for each full calendar month of employment. Regular full-time employees working 40 hours per week accrue 15 days per calendar year. Unused sick leave can be carried over year to year up to a maximum of 960 hours.
Short-term and long-term disability
Short-term disability is provided to employees in the event of an extended illness or injury. After vacation, personal days and sick leave are exhausted, short-term disability is paid at 60 percent of base pay for up to a total of 26 weeks of an approved disability (including all paid and unpaid time). After short-term disability is exhausted, an employee is eligible to receive long-term disability, which is paid at 60 percent of base pay up to $15,000 per month.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Services for all employees and their dependents include free short-term counseling, legal consultations, financial counseling, child/elder care referrals and more!
Employee computer purchase plan
Interest-free loans are available to purchase a personal computer and peripherals.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)/Transportation Reimbursement Account
Three types of reimbursement accounts are available to eligible full-time and part-time employees: health care, dependent care and qualified transportation. Through payroll deduction, employees may participate in this program and use pre-tax earnings to pay for qualified expenses up to annual plan maximums.
OCLC reimburses the costs of adoption-related expenses; full-time employees are eligible for up to $5,000 and eligible part-time employees may receive up to $2,000.
This summary highlights the main features of OCLC's benefits program and is intended to provide a high-level overview of the benefits offered to our employees. The terms of these programs are governed by Plan Documents and OCLC policies. Should there be any inconsistencies between this summary and other legal or policy documents, the plan documents will govern. OCLC reserves the right to change or discontinue the benefit programs at any time.