WorldCat Search API
Developer-level Access to WorldCat - for bibliographic holdings and location data
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
What you get
- Search WorldCat and retrieve bibliographic records for cataloged items such as books, videos, music and more in WorldCat
- Retrieve records in MARC XML or Dublin Core formats
- Get item information in the standard bibliographic citation formats (APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, and Turabian
- Find about libraries that own an item and retrieve links to online catalog records when available.
Who can use it
- Libraries that participate in WorldCat.org through their Cataloging and FirstSearch subscriptions
- Partners interested in integrating WorldCat data into their software
- Anyone can request sandbox access to this web service
- This API has specific Terms and Conditions.
Commercial partnerships are also available.
Authentication & Authorization
The WorldCat Search API supports the WSKey Lite pattern.