Register now for the WorldCat Mashathon Frankfurt
You've been waiting for it--and wondering, when will they announce it? WHEN is the next Mashathon?! Happy to say, mark your calendars now and get ready for Germany!
Join fellow coders, developers and idea-generators for the next two-day WorldCat Mashathon. Sponsored by the OCLC Developer Network, WorldCat Mashathon Frankfurt will be held Wednesday and Thursday, 7-8 December at the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek in Frankfurt, Germany.
Participants will spend the two days brainstorming and coding mash-ups with Web services and APIs to take advantage of all that WorldCat, the world’s largest and most comprehensive bibliographic database, has to offer. Participants will also learn about the OCLC cooperative platform, how it works and how they can create apps for it. Developers from the library community and beyond are encouraged to attend.
Why attend WorldCat Mashathon Frankfurt?
• Brainstorm and build apps for the Cooperative platform
• Create mash-ups using the WorldCat Search API, WorldCat Identities, MapFAST and other Web services.
• Gain development access to 1.5 billion items from more than 10,000 libraries worldwide.
• Integrate these resources with many others to create innovative new services.
• Meet fellow developers across the information industry.
• Share your creative vision and be a part of the next wave of online library development.
Karen Coombs of the OCLC Developer Network will kick off the session. Additional OCLC staff from Europe and the U.S. will also be available for questions and breakout facilitation. The primary presentations and large-group discussions will be conducted in English, and a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack will be provided both days. Ideas, outcomes and code from the Mashathon, together with a participants list, will be shared during and after the event for others to download and build on.
There is no charge for the event, but participants are required to register.