Register for the Oct. 24 event: Cooperation and the Cloud: Web Scale, Workflows and Data
If you're planning to go to Access (and who wouldn't want to hang out in awesome Vancouver, BC for a few days and soak up some tech?)--then plan to stay over on Sunday so you can come to the daylong program on Monday, October 24 for Cooperation and the Cloud: Web Scale, Workflows and Data.
Hosted by the University of British Columbia Library, this free event starts at 9.30 am with coffee. The welcome and the program will follow from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Lunch is included! Although lunch and in fact, the entire event is free--you do need to register by October 17 to reserve your spot.
Cooperation and the Cloud: Web Scale, Workflows and Data will showcase how Web Scale is revitalizing traditional library services through shared workflows, activities and data. A few of the highlights:
* Learn how the cooperative is providing a library management infrastructure for the future
* See what OCLC’s Web-scale Management Services look like
* Learn more about Developer Network tools (in case you or your director needs a refresher!)
* Hear how Simon Fraser University partnered with the cooperative and used OCLC APIs to develop new functionality for their CONTENTdm Digital Collection Management Software
Speakers at this event will include:
* Daniel Boivin, Executive Director, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean, OCLC
* Nigel Long, Library Services Consultant, Western Canada, OCLC
* Karen Coombs, Product Manager, OCLC Developer Network
* Brian Owen, Associate University Librarian, Processing & Systems, Simon Fraser University
Cooperation and the Cloud: Web Scale, Workflows and Data will be held at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, Room 256, Chilcotin Board Room, University of British Columbia Library, 1961 East Mall, Vancouver, Canada.